chapter five

"Hopefully they like flowers." Kaia mumbled, standing in front of BTS' door once again, holding a bouquet of flowers. She had no time to make anything and the thought of showing up without anything made her sick to her stomach. "You ready Jeju?" Kaia took a deep breath, looking down at her dog.

'I'm ready.' Jeju look up at his human. 'Are you ready?'

"They said to just walk in." Kaia swallowed, slowly turning the handle, the door opening. Instantly, she was hit with so many different smells, all of them smelling amazing. She was also hit with a lot of yelling.

"Jimin I told you not to put it there! I told you it was going to spill!"

"It only spilled because Jungkook was just walking around randomly and wasn't paying attention!"

"This wasn't my fault!!!"

Kaia slowly took off her shoes and undid Jeju's leash, eyes alert. She didn't want to be walking in at a bad time...

"Kaia is going to be here soon and you just spilled the milk everywhere!" Jin threw some salt at Jimin, Jimin protesting as he quickly ruffled his hair. "She's going to think we're idiots."

"Oh hey Kaia!" Taehyung looked up from his phone, sitting at the kitchen table.

Everyone instantly whirled around to face her, their eyes wide as Kaia nervously smiled.

"I brought flowers?"

Jin took off his apron and threw a roll of paper towels at Jimin. "Clean up your milk." Jin smiled brightly, walking over to Kaia. "You got these for us?" He took them from her, taking a nice smell of them.

"I didn't want to show up empty handed." Kaia admitted, rubbing her arm as Jin admired them. "Did I come at a bad time...?"

"Oh no!" Jin quickly shook his head, walking over to a different cabinet to pull out a vase. "Jimin was supposed to prepare a cup of milk for one of the soups, but he put it in a place that could easily be knocked over." Jin gave Kaia a look like 'these idiots will make me lose all of my hair.' "So he's just cleaning it up."

"Jin's making me be a slave!" Jimin called out from the floor, cleaning up the spilled milk. "Report him to the authorities Kaia! Save us!"

"Quiet slave!" Taehyung decided to join in. "You're ruining the mood of my room."

"This isn't even your room!" Jimin fired back, Jin rolling his eyes as he went to fill up the vase with water.

"These are beautiful flowers Kaia." Jin smiled at her again, Yoongi nodding in agreement as he cut up some strawberries. "Thank you so much."

"Come sit Kaia!" Taehyung patted the chair beside him. "You look comfy."

"Yeah, I look pretty rough right now." Kaia rubbed the back of her neck, slowly sitting down. Her hair was still pretty damp from her shower, her face shiny from her skincare, and eyes looking dark from her mascara. She wore simple black sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt. Her shoes were simply long songs and a pair of Crocs (which she removed at the door). "Sorry."

"Dude, it's okay." Taehyung chuckled, gesturing to Jungkook. "Look at him."

Kaia looked over at Jungkook, the maknae wearing pink Hello Kitty pajama pants and an oversized white t-shirt. His hair looked more atrocious than Kaia's. "He looks normal to me." Kaia grinned, Taehyung shaking his head with a fond smile.

Taehyung smoothed his pants out, a small silence falling between them. Well, a silence over the house, if you count the cooking sounds out. "So," Taehyung crossed his arms. "How was your first day?"