chapter thirty one

this chapter is 63 pages long, according to google docs
that's why it took me so long to update lol
and life issues ofc <3

- namjoon -

kaia - did you really donate $100,000 to lily's orphanage?

namjoon - she told you?

kaia - are you serious??

kaia - $100,000 of course she would tell me!!!

namjoon - i've always had a soft spot for kids, you know that

namjoon - after she told me they were cold and afraid... i couldn't let them stay like that

namjoon - and if they were cold and afraid, lily was cold and afraid, and i will not stand that

kaia - well, she cried and cried tears of joy and because of how overwhelmed she was with the love you sent her

namjoon - did you call her?

kaia - yeah, i talked her through it

kaia - thank you, so much namjoon

kaia - those kids have a real christmas now

kaia - my sister has a christmas

namjoon - it's the least i could do

kaia - you're so kind, namjoon

kaia - you knowwwww, lily talked a lot about you

namjoon - well i did give her thousands of dollars

kaia - mhm, okay

kaia - we'll leave it like that

namjoon - what? did i miss something?

kaia - nope

-

"Goodnight." Lily whispered to the room full of kids, smiling at their full cheeks and warm beds. She closed their door silently, walking down the hall, her slippers barely leaving an echo behind her. Lily wrapped her cardigan around her tighter as her eyes danced across all the artwork on the hallway walls.

They were illustrated by the orphans themselves.

Lily made it to the first floor and opened the dishwasher, letting the dishes inside air dry for the night. She made sure the front door, side doors, and back door were all locked. Then she went through every bathroom, making sure the toothpastes weren't empty, there was toilet paper, and plenty of shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash remained.

Lily then made her way to the kitchen once more, checking on the plants in there before going to the living room and sunroom. Every kid did chores around the orphanage. It was very important to learn how to help out in a home and that not everything in the world was free. They never once complained. Besides, the majority of the chores were watering the plants, vacuuming the floors, dusting, and picking up toys every so often.

She made sure the kids were happy here.

Lily took her warm mug of tea to the living room, settling down on one of the couches, pulling up her phone, smiling at the lock screen of her sister and herself.

Oh how she missed her baby sister.

"Lily Lily Lily!" Kaia screamed as she ran into the house, Lily dropping the whisk into the bowl she was mixing.

"What?! What's wrong?" Lily quickly met Kaia in their living room, watching her 12, almost 13 year old sister rip open a big envelope. Lily's shaking hand slowly covered her mouth, her eyes watering.