chapter twelve

sorry for the delay... editor was busy this week
but don't worry!! i've got a chunky chapter for you!

12,711 words... equivalent to 37 pages on google docs

much love <3

-----------------------

Kaia jumped as Jungkook barged into her office, Kaia sighing once she saw it was him.

"Put your coat on, we're going on a date." Jungkook grabbed her coat for her, handing it to her.

"We're going on a what?" Kaia didn't move, frowning in confusion.

"Just put your coat on." Jungkook smiled, gesturing to it. Kaia slowly stood up, careful not to fall before putting her coat on.

"How long is this going to take? Jimin said he was going to take me to your guys' house tonight and he'll be here soon." Kaia pulled her coat on, wobbling a little as she did so. Jungkook walked over to her, close enough now so that if she fell, he would catch her.

"I already texted him that I'll take you." Jungkook held his elbow out for her. "You still can't walk confidently, right?" He double checked as she glared at him.

"Yeah," Kaia mumbled, hooking her arm with the maknae's arm, him leading her to the center of the room before she grabbed Jeju's leash and put it on the dog. "Alright, where are we going?" She asked as they walked down the hallway, some staff members giving them a look.

"It's a surprise." Jungkook grinned. "The best dates are-OW!"

"Don't call it a date!" Kaia hissed, hitting his chest. "I'm going to get fired!"

"Nah, you're fine." Jungkook chuckled, swatted Kaia's hand away. "It'll be a fun dat-OW!"

"Say that word one more time and I'm turning around and going back to my office."

-

Kaia slowly swung back and forth on the swing, licking her strawberry ice cream cone. Jungkook was beside her, not swinging, just eating his chocolate ice cream from the bowl he was given, quiet.

"Jin is going to kill you if he finds out you took us out to eat ice cream before dinner." Kaia spoke up, wanting to talk with Jungkook.

Jungkook smiled. "I don't fear Jin." Jungkook looked over at Jeju, making sure the dog was okay. And Jeju was more than okay. He was enjoying his pup cup very much, savoring every lick of it. Jungkook's eyes went up to Kaia, sadness weighing his heart down.

She looked so happy eating the ice cream. Not a care in the world was on her face. She was happily swinging on the swing and eating her ice cream. It left Jungkook wondering... when was the last time she could relax and eat like this?

And that all just connected to the group talk hours before.

"Hey Kaia?"

Kaia licked her lips, turning her cone. "Yeah?"

"You need to eat well, okay?" Jungkook put his spoon down, his head turned towards her. "You're still growing, and eating enough food every day is super important for someone your age." Jungkook nodded, Kaia's eyes meeting his. "Jin told me that when I was your age ... He would make me lunch every day. He and Yoongi would .. so," Jungkook sat up straighter, eyes bright. "So I'll make you lunch every day!"

Kaia almost dropped her cone, eyes widening. "J-Jungkook you don't have to-"

"I will!" Jungkook stood up excitedly. "I want to help! And I can improve my cooking skills by trying new recipes and techniques and stuff!" Jungkook stood in front of Kaia, smiling brightly. "And if I don't have time to make you something, then I can buy and eat lunch with you!"