chapter eleven

Kaia chewed on her finger nails, little bits of nail polish scattered across her desk. Her foot tapped the floor anxiously and without control. She shook her head as a thought came to her mind, immediately dismissing it as immature and embarrassing.

But she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Ever since the end of Namjoon and her walk, she's been spiraling. All the exhaustion was catching up to her, the anxiety of unfinished essays and discussion boards overwhelmed her, not to mention the horrible grumbling in her stomach from the lack of food today. She's begun eating ice in hope to keep her stomach quiet.

All she could think of was one solution.

One solution of comfort.

And she didn't want to act on it.

But she didn't have much choice.

kaia - hey, where are you?

jin - hm? i'm at my parent's

kaia - oh, okay

jin - is something wrong? do you need something?

kaia - oh no lol, i was just wondering

Jin lowered his phone, frowning softly. 'At 9 pm? I don't think so.' Jin looked down at his lap, his parent's new puppy asleep soundly on him. He wasn't supposed to leave until early morning, but if Kaia needed him...

'No, I hardly see my parents.' Jin reminded himself, his mother in the other room making popcorn for all of them. 'Six other idiots... right, let them help.'

Jin clicked on Yoongi's name.

----

Earlier that Day

Approx. 5 am

Hoseok dragged his feet as he walked to Kaia's office. He didn't want to go, but he literally hasn't been able to sleep properly since she's started working. He needed to confront her, demand explanations, force her to tell him that she's really an alien.

Or something like that.

What was with her? Really?

How did she work so tirelessly? How was she perfect with everything she did? (Hoseok knows her perfection, trust me. He's asked). How did she do it?

Where did Bang really hire her? Why did he hire her? Were the rumors true? Did she,, screw her way to the top?

Hoseok refused to believe that rumor, but that was the only one he could think of.

But she was literally not of this world. How could she acquire one of the most desired job of any teenage girl? How did she get to the top without starting at the bottom? How was she not failing?

And the thing that bugged Hoseok the most;

Why did he care for her?

Why did he want to bring her home when he found her asleep in her office last night? Why did he want to bring her food and remind her to eat? Why did he notice she never took breaks? Why did he notice her kind gestures through her smiles and door holding? Why was her smile heart melting?

Why Why Why Why?

What was her secret? How did she hide her exhaustion so well? Why didn't she ask for help? Why didn't she hate Hoseok?

This question made Hoseok stop, making himself really confused.

'Why do I care what she thinks of me?'

Because you value her opinions.

'I absolutely do not. I question everything she says and completes. I am wary of everything she does!'