chapter seven

Kaia looked around nervously as she got out of the car. In public with seven of the most popular men in the world. They all had masks, but they were together. That was suspicious enough. And now she and her dog joined them??

"This is a bad idea." Kaia turned around and ran right into Jin.

"Woah," He chuckled, backing up from her to give her space. "Hey what's wrong?"

"This is a bad idea." Kaia crossed her arms tightly, shaking her head, standing in a parking garage with them. "People are going to see us, Dispatch is going to get called. Dispatch isn't even our biggest worry! ARMY will find us first and they'll hoard us and take pictures and I'm not supposed to be revealed yet and then I have to-"

"Hey slow down." Jin put a hand on Kaia's shoulder. "Take a breath, it's okay."

"It's not." Kaia took a breath anyway. "You guys shouldn't have come with me."

"Are you trying to get rid of us??" Taehyung called out from the other side of the car, not getting full context.

"Of course we should've gone with you!" Jin smiled, wanting to crouch down so they were face to face, but didn't want to make Kaia feel small. "You're our manager and we want to hang out with you-"

"But the media!" Kaia whispered loudly, clearly freaked out. Yoongi finally walked to the other side of the car, hearing her anxious voice. Namjoon heard too, following Yoongi.

"I think it'll be okay." Jimin was still sitting in the passenger seat, turned towards them, the door opened. "We won't be spotted."

"What's going on?" Namjoon asked, looking between Jin and Kaia. "Why the worried faces?"

"We need to go home." Kaia shook her head, stepping towards the door. But Jin held out his arm, Kaia running into it. Kaia looked up at Jin, Jin silently startled by her narrowed eyes. "Jin."

"Kaia, relax." Jin spoke calmly, slowly pushing her back to the spot she was previously standing in. "Nothing bad is going to happen to us." Jin turned to Namjoon and Yoongi as Kaia hugged herself tighter, chewing on her lip. "She's worried ARMY and Dispatch will find us and take a bunch of videos and photos."

Namjoon tilted his head, not thinking about that. "I guess-"

"That won't happen." Yoongi cut Namjoon off, shooting him a look before his normal face returned. "We're just a normal group of friends shopping for a dog. Besides." Yoongi lifted Kaia's chin up, giving her a small smile. "No one would expect to see BTS with a German Shepherd."

"Hey what's the hold up?" Jungkook yawned as he walked to the other side. "Are we deciding street partners?" Jungkook smiled happily, thrusting his thumb over his shoulder. "Hoseok and Taehyung paired up and I need someone."

"'Street partners'?" Kaia frowned, Jungkook walking over to her and grabbing her hand.

"Yeah, duh." Jungkook pulled her away from the cars, joining Taehyung and Hoseok at the crosswalk. "We have to hold hands so no one gets hit by a car."

Kaia couldn't help but smile at his words. "I don't think the mere gesture of hand holding is going to prevent-"

"Shhhhhh," Jungkook raised a finger to his lips, eyes closed as he shushed her. "We don't need facts." Jungkook held their intertwined fingers, smiling. "We just need friendship."

"Gosh you're such a dork." Kaia laughed, Jungkook pulling her onto the street once the green walk light turned on.

"I know!" Jungkook began skipping, Kaia forced to join him.

"That's all she needed." Namjoon walked behind them, Jin, Yoongi, and Jimin beside him. "Some childish behavior."

-