chapter twenty seven

i know i'm a shitty update-er
but this chapter is approximately 20500 words
equivalent to 60 pages on google docs
accept my hard work/apology <3
///
Bang tapped his fingers against the wheel of his steering wheel, staring up at the red light, waiting impatiently for it to turn green. His face twitched in annoyance as the car in front of him took too long to go forward. But he held himself back from honking his horn.

'Such idiots.'

Bang stared down at his baby girl, smiling sadly, rocking slowly on the rocking chair in Coralie's family room. Bang shook his head, leaning down to kiss her head.

"I wish I could take you away from here, Lily." Bang whispered as he slowly sat back up. "I'm so sorry, my daughter."

Bang looked up from his gorgeous, only child to see the man Coralie settled for.

Gaetan was sprawled out on the floor, his finger's barely holding onto the beer bottle, beer soaked into the carpet. Gaetan was snoring loudly, his beer bell rising and falling quite severely. Bang's lip curled into disgust.

'Coralie is an idiot.' Bang thought to himself, still rocking in the chair, keeping Lily asleep. 'How could she marry him?! I offered to... Why does she see something in him and not in me??'

Bang stared at the huge TV mounted on the wall.

Money.

Bang's stare turned into a glare, hatred for himself and for the couple burning bright in his heart.

'Such idiots.'

Bang walked into the hospital, a bouquet of flowers in his hands, a pleasant smile on his face. Despite his raised chin, confident steps, and his professional attire, he looked approachable. Nice. Easy to talk to.

"Hello Sir." The front desk receptionist smiled up at him. "Do you have an appointment?"

"I do not." Bang explained, a smile remaining on his face. "But I was hoping I could speak to Doctor Kim regarding one of her patients. She's my daughter and I wasn't with her in the hospital and I have several follow up questions."

"Oh of course." The nurse sat up straighter, clicking her mouse several times. "What's your daughter's name?"

"Kaia Lavigne." Bang said clearly, spelling it out. "Her mother is French and wanted to keep last name." Bang chuckled, keeping the air light and pleasant.

"Oh I remember that Sweetheart." The nurse smiled sadly. "Bless her heart. That poor girl." The nurse shook her head, verifying that Doctor Kim was her doctor. "I can't imagine what she and your family is going through right now."

"The man that did that to her belongs behind bars." Bang's eyes turned dark, putting on quite an impressive show.

The nurse kept her opinions out of the matter, just pressing her lips together and nodding slightly. She took a deep breath and stood up. "I'll go speak to Doctor Kim now and see if she has any available time."

"Thank you so much." Bang bowed to the nurse, the nurse bowing back before hurrying away. Bang took a seat in the waiting room, his smile gone. 'Hopefully that doctor buys this. If not, I have the documents so she'll have to.'

Bang pulled up his phone, waiting to see if Mr. Lee has confirmed the setup of Kaia's new phone. Bang really needed to talk to her and convince her of her idiocy and get her back to work. Mr. Lee said it would be finished some time this morning so-

"Kaia Lavigne's father, huh?" The door swung open quickly, a pissed off doctor walking out.

Bang rose to his feet, holding the bouquet of flowers with both hands. "Doctor Kim. It's so-"