chapter thirty five

"Okay! Kaia! You're with me!" Hoseok jumped to his feet, a big smile on his face. "We gotta get you some ornaments!"

"Okay!" Kaia also got to her feet, holding up a thumbs up. "But why?" She kept the same enthusiasm in her voice, making the boys laugh.

"We don't have a boring, traditional tree that has all the same ornaments that look all aesthetic." Hoseok explained, Kaia nodding along happily. "We all have our own ornaments that we bought or made and it's just like, Christmas and memories threw up all over the tree."

"That sounds awesome!" Kaia ran up to her room, calling out over her shoulder, "I'm going to get my coat and then we can leave!"

"Me too!" Jimin ran up after her, also getting his coat. He wanted to join in on the shopping.

"Where are you guys gonna go?" Jin asked Hoseok, Hoseok pulling on his hat by the door.

"Probs Pearl's and Bella's." Hoseok shrugged, those stores the go-to Christmas stores.

"Let her pick out some other decorations she likes for her room if she wants or just in general." Jin walked to the kitchen, opening up the cabinets. "Jungkook, do you want to go grocery shopping with me? We just need ingredients for the cookies."

"Nope!" Jungkook cheered, laying on the couch, head in Namjoon's lap.

"He would love to." Namjoon snatched Jungkook's phone from his hands and pushed him off the couch, Jungkook's mouth wide open in shock at how he was just treated by his hyung.

"B-But! I don't-"

"You're going." Namjoon gave him a look, handing over his phone again.

"Fine." Jungkook made a face at Namjoon before walking over to Jin in the kitchen. "Can we get McDonalds?? As a reward?!"

"I'll think about it."

"Yes!"

"What a baby." Taehyung shook his head, curling up beside his dog.

"Come on Taehyung-ah." Yoongi got up from his seat. "Let's go get the ornaments from storage."

"Nooooooooooo."

"If you help me now, you won't have to help Namjoon and I put the lights on the tree." Yoongi crossed his arms, knowing Taehyung hated putting the lights on the tree.

"Deal!!!"

"Hey Hyung." Hoseok spoke softly to Jin, glancing up the stairs, making sure Kaia wasn't going to be coming down any time soon.

"Hm?" Jin hummed, writing a grocery list down.

"We should make those cinnamon ornament things. With the glitter?" Hoseok didn't know the exact name of the ornaments, but he knew he had a blast while making them.

"Oh geez," Jin stood straight, rubbing his forehead with his eyes closed. "We haven't made those since, what? Our first Christmas together? All seven of us?"

"Yeah!" Hoseok nodded with a big smile, happy his hyung remembered. "Don't you remember how fun it was?"

"It was very fun." Jin agreed with a smile, glancing up the stairs. "I'll get the ingredients."

"Thanks Hyung!" Hoseok cheered, giving Jin a quick hug as Jimin and Kaia down the stairs, giggling. "Oh boy, what did you two do?"

Jimin gasped as Kaia laughed harder. "We didn't do anything!! I can't believe you would accuse us of something like that!" Jimin wrapped his arm around Kaia's shoulders, the two beaming as they stood beside each other. "We are ready!"