chapter ten

Kaia stood in front of the studio, holding a box of food and a drink on top. She pulled out her phone after a brief smile at Jeju.

yoongi - i'm going to be in my studio with my phone silenced so i can get some work done. if you need me, my password is 0473

kaia - thank you for letting me know :)

"Zero, four, seven, three." Kaia mumbled to herself as she punched in the code to Yoongi's studio, the door unlocking immediately. "Come on Jeju. It's just Yoongi." She encouraged her hesitant dog, holding the door open for him. "He won't hurt you."

'You don't have to be nervous either, Mom.' Jeju walked in first, liking the smell of the new room. 'He likes you!'

Kaia walked in quietly, that did not matter though because Yoongi had his headphones in. He was slouched slightly in his chair, eyes fixed on one of his three monitor screens, clicking something.

Kaia tried clearing her throat, stepping heavily, motioning for him, but Yoongi didn't notice. He was in the zone, the Yoongi zone.

"Yoongi?" Kaia finally spoke up, a little nervous to interrupt his work. "Yoongi?" She looked around, her eyes finding the light switch. "Oh perfect." She flipped the lights on and off before they went back to the dimness they were at earlier.

Yoongi took off his head headphones and turned his chair around. "Oh, Kaia. Hi." Yoongi's anger immediately disappeared, not expecting to see Kaia standing there.

"Hi Yoongi." Kaia held out the cardboard box and drink. "I was told you were barricading yourself in here until you made some progress, so I wanted to make sure you ate tonight." Kaia clasped her hands together after Yoongi took the box, opening it with interest. "It's just a cold meat sandwich some chips and fruit." Kaia pointed in there, nodding. "And there's condiments on the side. I didn't know what you preferred."

"This is perfect, really." Yoongi complimented, looking up at Kaia with a small smile. "Did Jungkook tell you I was 'barricading' myself?"

Kaia shrugged, smiling. "I'm under strict oath to not reveal who told me."

Yoongi couldn't help but chuckle, eating a chip. "Well, thank you very much for the food. I haven't eaten yet, so this is perfect."

"You can take a nice break then!" Kaia encouraged with a big smile, glad she helped. "Dinner is really important!"

Yoongi hummed, lifting the lid of the drink. "Water? Or vodka?"

"Water." Kaia giggled, finding Yoongi funny. "I couldn't purchase alcohol even if I tried."

"That is true." Yoongi crossed his legs and sat back in his chair, sipping on his water. "Tiny Child." He laughed to himself, eating another chip.

"Hey!" Kaia's mouth was open in protest, Yoongi only laughing to himself. "I'm not that young!"

"Ah huh." Yoongi's eyebrows rose and fell with a smile, teasing Kaia even more. "I'm assuming you already ate your sandwich from this place?"

'Nope.' "Of course I did." Kaia crossed her arms. "Anyways, I'll let you be so you can eat and continue working."

"Alright," Yoongi turned his chair around again. "Thank you Kaia."

"Don't work too late." Kaia closed the door behind her, sighing a sigh of relief as she and Jeju walked away. "That went really well."

'I told you you have nothing to worry about.' Jeju's tail wagged as he walked beside his Human. 'He likes you. He knows you're super good.'

"Alright, let's do a few more things before we have to pick up Namjoon and go to the park, okay?" Kaia pressed the elevator, waiting for the doors to open, trying to ignore her growling stomach. "And I'll feed you before we go too."