chapter eighteen

'When was the last time I had a stress-free, clean, shower?' Kaia thought to herself, doing her post-shower curl treatment. 'Either I have memory loss, or it's been since I've been in America.' Kaia washed her hands after she finished doing her hair, standing in front of the mirror, staring at herself. 'Gosh, this bathroom is so nice. My apartment's communal one could never.'

Kaia picked up her phone, looking at the time. 'Okay, 10 o'clock. That's good. I didn't meet Yoongi's normal person bedtime, but... I really need to talk to them.' Kaia took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror. 'Hello future influencer idol, BTS manager, psychology major, almost business major, and college student. You can talk to seven boys about your life. You've got this. Easy peasy.'

Kaia stopped walking once she reached the door, her stomach swirling uneasily. 'Please just be because I haven't eaten and not because I'm nervous.' Kaia doubled over slightly, grimacing at the pain. 'Or I'm getting sick because my period is a bitch.' Kaia ran back to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet. 'Or I'm actually getting sick.'

-

"Why is Kaia here?" Namjoon asked as he walked into the living room, the last of the boys to enter. "Shouldn't she be home? Asleep?"

"Shouldn't we all be asleep?" Jin yawned, curled up in the recliner. "I will not look tired and old on my birthday."

"But you are old!" Jungkook laughed as he play-fought with Bam and Jeju. He was so glad Bam was helping Jeju show his dog sides. Jungkook already knew he couldn't do it. It just took another dog.

"For my birthday wish, I want Jungkook to not speak for an entire day." Jin crossed his arms, Taehyung raising his hand quickly.

"I'll make sure he doesn't talk! I'll pinch him every time he does!"

"Hey! That's not nice!"

Jimin smiled up at Kaia as she took a seat beside him, wrapping her cardigan around herself tightly. "Hey." Jimin leaned over and gave her a hug. "How was your shower?"

"Good." Kaia took a deep breath and let it out, looking around. She wore her glasses; something she didn't usually do around people, but hey, it's BTS. "How is everyone's ni-hey Buddy." Kaia smiled, leaning forward to rub Jeju's side. "How was the walk?" She asked him, kissing his head several times before looking up at Jungkook. "Was he okay?"

"Jeju is a straight arrow." Jungkook sat on the ground, Bam wiggling around him, desperate for his Dad's attention. "Bam was the real problem. Jumping around, trying to play with Jeju. And Jeju, Jeju didn't care what Bam was doing. He walked forward and listened exactly to what I said." Jungkook sat up, his eyes widening. "Oh! Jeju protected Bam and I! There was a jogger on the path and Jeju like, shoved Bam to the other side of him and leaned into me and didn't move until the jogger was away from us." Jungkook laughed, putting a hand on his heart. "I felt so honored!"

"Awhhh," Kaia giggled, hugging Jeju. "You're such a good boy Jeju! You're such a good boy." She repeated, kissing his cheek several times.

"So," Namjoon smiled from his seat on the couch, kind of across the room from Kaia. "What are you doing here Kaia? Did we miss something?"

"Oh." Kaia sat up, pointing at Jungkook. "He made me come here."

Everyone turned to glare at Jungkook, Jungkook gasping and sputtering out a protest.

"We're having a sleepover!" Jungkook pointed back at Kaia. "We're going to stay up all night playing video games and going on Instagram and eating food!" Jungkook pointed at Yoongi. "Don't try stopping us!"

Yoongi pointed at Hoseok, signaling he wasn't the one Jungkook should be worried about.

Jungkook visibly shrunk away as Hoseok glared knives into Jungkook. "You are not doing that. Not on a work night."