chapter thirty

Kaia looked out the window of the black SUV they were riding in. Mr. Paek, their bodyguard (apparently), was in the front seat, silent. She was silent as well, her fingers gripping Jeju's leash tightly. Her back was pressed against her seat sternly, not wanting to be moved around too much. She wore her glasses, much to her dismay.

Her eyes were still sensitive and it was too painful to wear contacts. So, glasses it was.

She already knew she was going to be bullied for it.

Jungkook tapped her hand gently, Kaia finally being pulled from her mind as she looked over at him. She smiled softly, watching him point to his face.

"Surprise!" He smiled brightly, wearing glasses as well. "Jin told me you weren't happy about your glasses, so I figured we'd match!"

"Thanks Jungkook." Kaia smiled thankfully, her shoulders relaxing. "I appreciate it."

"I also have a gift for you." Jungkook pulled out a bag from underneath his seat, Kaia frowning slightly. "It's a good gift." Jungkook reassured, Kaia pulled out the item from the bag.

"Oh wow." Her eyebrows shot up, holding the boxed Beats. "Thank you Jungkook. These are crazy nice." She turned the box over, observing the black Beats' box.

"Open it and get it connected to your phone." Jungkook urged with a bright smile. "I bought them for the airport and our trip!"

"What's the catch?" Kaia narrowed her eyes at Jungkook, knowing him.

"You have to listen to BTS music at the airport."

-

Jin glanced over at Taehyung as he walked into the family room, Yoongi trying to find

a live news channel on their TV. Jin did a double take and widened his eyes at Taehyung. "Why are you eating popcorn at 8 in the morning??"

"What?" Taehyung asked with his mouth full, a piece of popcorn falling to the floor, Bam immediately eating it.

"Didn't Jungkook specifically instruct you not to kill Bam?" Namjoon raised an eyebrow, pointing to Bam as the dog licked his lips.

"He's fine." Taehyung plopped down beside the leader. "I love stalking people."

"It's not stalking." Jin defended, Yoongi finally finding a station that was broadcasting the airport. Kaia and Jungkook were supposed to arrive at any moment now. "It's-"

"Hovering?" Hoseok stepped over the back of the couch, standing on the seat cushions for a moment before sitting down on them, stirring his cereal bowl.

"It's not-"

"It is." Everyone said together, Jin crossing his arms, grumbling under his breath.

"Well you're all watching too!" Jin defended, Taehyung snorting.

"Yeah. Duh. We're curious!"

-

"Ready?" Jungkook smiled, pulling his mask down so Kaia could see his smile.

Kaia already had her mask on, adjusting Jeju's vest. "Yeah." Kaia shouldered her backpack, carry-on bag in her hand. "I think so."

Jungkook pulled his mask up, giving her a nod. "Make sure you play that music loud. You gotta hear how amazing we are."

Kaia rolled her eyes, somehow not piecing together the real reason he gifted her headphones. "Yeah yeah." She pulled out her phone and scrolled to one of her playlists, hitting shuffle. Kaia took a deep breath, reminding herself to be calm. Kaia watched as Mr. Paek finally opened the car door, Jungkook taking the first step out.