Chapter 8

Uday: well what I'm saying is that...
Suddenly manyata's phone rings. She attends the call.

Manyata: hello

Kabir: hey gabbar

Manyata: Shut up loser. Im really mad at you. Where have you been? You moron. Now i know that you dont love me nor do you care about me. You havent even called once. I hate you Kabir, she says annoyed.

Uday gets abit angry listening to this and tightens his fist.

Uday in his mind: Now who the hell is this Kabir. I have thousands of villains in my love story. Im gonna kill this guy. Does this Kabir love Manyata? Does Manyata love him? Damn. They're probably just friends. Yeah, friends only. But then why is Manyata soo concerned about him? He gets angry thinking of different scenarios.

Kabir: i am soo sorry sweetheart. I've been really busy since coming from London. But that doesnt mean i dont care about you. I'll come over tomorrow. I really miss you.

Manyata: aww i miss you too, you're forgiven. I'll be waiting. Bye kabiraaa.

Kabir: bye dumbo

Uday in a bit anger: who was it?

Manyata: My friend Kabir. Why?

Uday: nothing. Chalein? He asks a bit miffed.

Manyata: yeah lets go.
Manyata in her mind: Now what happened to him? Why is he soo angry? Uday and his mood swings. I'll never understand this guy.

In the car:

Manyata: Uday?

Uday: hmmm? He says keeping his gaze towards the road.

Manyata: you were about to tell me something about us at the beach, what was it? She asked being serious.

Uday: Oh nothing important.

Manyata: really?

Uday: hmmm yeah.

Manyata: are you sure?

Uday: yeah, why wouldn't i be? Theres nothing to tell. Its not like there is something special between us nor about us. We are just friends right. You're probably with someone else' he says thinking of Kabir. His grip tightens on the steering.

Manyata: So theres nothing special between us?

Uday: (sternly) No!

Manyata stares at Uday but he ignores her, busy thinking of Kabir and irked with his own reaction to this.

Manyata is hurt with Uday's word and as soon as they reach devgarh she rushes out mumbling a small thanks.

Uday realising his mistake: Gosh, i was abit hard on her. I shouldnt have spoken with her like this. But then shes mine, how can she have someone else in her life? i cant live without her so main kisi aur ka hone hi nhi dun ga ussey, be it Kabir or anyone else. He angrily slams the steering wheel.

The next day:
Jaigarh family comes over to devgarh. The youngsters are sitting in Manyata's room, even jagat is present.

VB: M bhai, bht khush lag rahi ho, whats the scene?

Manyata: Kabir is coming today. Im sooo happy.

Unnati gives out a shy smile thinking about Kabir which Manyata notices.

VB: kabir? ayeeinn who is this Kabir?

Manyata: My best buddy.

Unnati looked at Uday and noticed his tightened fist. She realised he was jealous and decided to add fuel to the fire.