Chapter 16

Uday: tum itni bari kab se hogyi choti?
But thank you for being here and making me see a different side to the story. I was just so mad and lost in my own world that i didnt realise anything else. Im sure with time manyata and I will learn but its all so new. Fights are bound to happen. We both need to work on this relationship. Don't worry. I'll make it all right. I needed to know this.

She smiles and leaves the room.

Uday goes back to Manyata's room and sees her sitting on the bed.

Uday: You don't like listening to me, do you?

Manyata gets startled hearing his voice.

Manyata: Why are you saying that?

Uday: I told you to lie down and close your eyes but look at you.

Manyata: I was waiting for you. I had to be sure you'd come back

Uday: I told you I would. I promised didn't I? You are going to have to start trusting me.

Manyata: I do trust you. I just can't explain how I feel and why I am like this.

Uday picks her up and makes himself comfortable on the bed with her in his arms

(Imagine this pose, with both in their night wear).

Uday: Manyata, I don't know why you feel the way you do feel. But I keep telling you what you mean to me. You are my life. I have only loved you since the beginning. For me, there's never been anyone else nor will there ever be. When I think of a future all i see is you. Why can't you believe that? I am yours just as much as I know you are mine. I can never even think of anyone else. If there is something you need to be sure of, it's my feelings for you. They will never change.

Manyata gets tears in her eyes: I do believe you. It's not you Uday, it's me. I might seem like I am all rough and tough but on the inside i am just scared. I have never let myself be close to anyone or even be vulnerable yet with you I can't control myself. I want to open my heart to you and just let myself be weak so you can protect me instead but the walls I have around my heart are so strong that I just second guess everything. I didn't mean to hurt you. I swear. It's just that since I've known you, all your attention was on me. You showered me with all your love. I have never seen you with anyone else. Plus I am not into sharing. I don't share anything with outsiders so just the thought of having to share my fiancé with anyone made me go ballistic. I shouldn't have said anything in anger. But can you blame me? I can't see you with anyone else. Only I have the right to be close to you. I didn't mean to go overboard. I truly am sorry.

Uday: I know you're sorry. And trust me, you can open yourself to me. I won't let you down. I'll always be with you, protecting you from the world. I don't know what it is that had you build walls around your heart but I am willing to break down those walls piece by piece because for me you are worth it.
And remember one thing, you'll never have to share me with anyone. Yuvraj Udayveer Singh shuru se sirf Rajkumari Manyata k hain, aur humesha unhi ke rahein ge. But don't ever make such accusations again Manyata. Im willing to forget this time but next time if it happens I won't be able to take it.