Chapter 17

Here is another chapter. Sorry for the delay. Was busy travelling so didn't get much time. But hope you enjoy this chapter.

Uday: i promise i'll love her till my last breath. Hurting her will hurt me more.

Unnati squeezes his shoulder and the scene ends with Uday looking at the Manyata's post again.

Manyata's room:

Brijraj walks in and sees Manyata lying in bed with her eyes closed. He comes in and checks her forehead once.

M: baba aap? Is everything ok? She tries getting up but Brijraj pushes her back down.

B: everything is ok. I just wanted to check on you. I don't like seeing you sick. So just wanted to see how you are doing.

M: I am ok now baba. Don't worry so much.

B: i'll always worry. No matter how much you grow, you're still my little baby. It was heartbreaking seeing you like that.

M hugs B tightly and says: i promise i'll take care of myself. Now smile please. You don't look like a mahraj otherwise.

B: badmaash. I'm your father before anything else.
Anyways I came to tell you we are having dinner with Jaigarh family tomorrow so be well rested. I want you healthy and fresh.

M salutes him: yes Sir.

B chuckles lightly, kisses her forehead then leaves the room.

The next day after lunch the Devgarh youngsters are sitting in the living room and chatting away.

J: jiji, what are you going to wear today?

M: i don't know. I'll just wear anything. How does it matter?

V: M bhai, you are going to your in laws house. It matters. Be a sanskari bahu I tell you.

M sticks her tongue out and says: before being my in laws they are my second parents so I can dress in anyway I want and they'll still love me.

J: yeah yeah everyone loves you. No need to rub it in our face.

M: jealous much?

J: never. I love you the most.

M sends her a flying kiss.

Manyata's room:

M: what should i wear? Uday loves black so i'll wear that colour but what type of outfit? (Then she smacks her head). Since when do I care what Uday likes? God you are driving me crazy prince. I can't stop thinking about you especially after our fight.

Meanwhile Uday calls Manyata. She smiles lightly and picks up the phone.

U: hey princess. How are you?

M: agayi yaad? You haven't called me since the past two days.

U: aw missed me?

M: you wish.

U: miss toh kiya hai. Btw if i didn't call, you could have, no?

M: i posted a picture so you know i miss you. You should have called after seeing it. I didn't because I was upset.

U: yeah i saw it but i was waiting to see you in person to tell you how i felt about it. And about not calling, i'm sorry princess. I have been busy. There's a new project so it's taking up my time. That's why I called you right now. I know you are coming over but i'll be late. An unexpected meeting came up.