Chapter 15

Uday looks at her sternly but her pleading eyes make it hard for him to resist her request and he embraces her tightly.

After 15 mins Uday tries breaking the hug but Manyata holds on to his waist not letting him go.

Manyata: Uday please don't. I need to believe you are here. Don't let go so fast.

Uday: You need to eat Manyata. So let go.

Manyata: No!

Uday: Why are you so stubborn? Can't you listen just for once? Kyun gussa dila rhi ho humein?

Manyata: If you want to get angry go ahead. Im not leaving the chance of having you here in my arms after so many days.

Uday: Just because I'm here it doesn't mean it's all ok.

Manyata: I know it's not ok Uday but please let me make it up to you. Don't push me away. I feel empty when you aren't here.

Uday: I don't want to talk about this right now Manyata. Im saying this again. I am already mad at you. Don't make me more mad. You are going to eat right now or I'm leaving.

Manyata: Baby please... i'm sorry.

Uday: You know what, this word means nothing to me. Its just a word people say when they expect you to move on and forget anything happened. And I can't forget what happened. I have been open to you about my feelings and I have waited for you to realise but you didn't even take a second to doubt me. Not once did you think of anything else, not our moments, not my confession, nothing. How could you even believe I would stoop so low? 

Manyata: I wasn't thinking Uday. I just saw those pictures and I was blinded by my insecurities. Is it so wrong to be jealous? I didn't like seeing you with someone else other than me. I accept it was wrong but at least give me a chance to show you I truly am sorry?

Uday: I'm done talking about this. You want to show me you are sorry? First learn to take care of yourself. Tumhe shaid takleef nhi ho rahi koi but humein tumhe aise dekh ke bahut takleef ho rahi hai. So please, im not going to repeat my self. Eat or im leaving.

Manyata realises he is deeply hurt and just nods her head defeated.

Uday rings the worker to get Manyata something light to eat and starts feeding her some soup as soon as it arrives. All the while he is ranting in anger making her eyes teary seeing how much he cares about her.

Uday: I can't believe you. Are you a kid? Can't you take care of yourself? What's your problem with food? Is this how you were planning on winning me back, by falling sick? Look at how slim you've gotten. Ek taraf kehti ho dil main kuch nahi hai and on the other hand this is what you do to yourself when I'm not here? What did you think not eating will make you so thin that you'll slide in my bedroom from the bottom of the door? What did you do to yourself? Never ever do this again. I need to put some meat on your bones because apparently my fiancé's mind goes on vacation when it comes to obvious things. Kabhi khana bhul jati hai, take care nhi karti apna aur kabhi logo ki feelings ko smjhna bhul jati hai.

Manyata: I didn't do it intentionally. I couldnt function without you here ok. Stop scolding me. You weren't even talking to me. How could I be ok knowing you weren't?

Uday feels warm in his heart knowing Manyata's feelings but still holds on to his anger so she doesn't make the same mistake again. He quietly hands her the medicine and gestures to put it in her mouth.