Hiding In The Darkness

Y/N'S POV

I finally made It back home from the store, and I don't think I can keep this up much longer. They know I'm still In the city somewhere, and they're not going to rest until they find me. There's got to be a way I can get back to hell safely. I mean, It's not like I can just go wander around and ask Blitz to open a portal; I know the government Is hot on my tail since they update the public about me constantly. It's getting harder and harder to stay hidden. I've always managed to stay one step ahead, but with the government getting closer and closer, I don't know how much longer I'm going to last. After I made it home, I locked everything before I decided to rest on the couch for a little. Ever since the government put up a $150,000 reward for my capture, almost the entire city is looking for me at this point. Going out is getting harder and harder, and I don't think I'm going to last too much longer with the government snooping around almost 24/7. Fuck me, there has to be a way back to hell, but how? It's not like I can just have Bitz come up here and look for me; the government would find him pretty much right away with how much ground they're covering. I guess I'm lucky that I.M.P. doesn't seem to have all that many targets around here; I just hope Blitz is doing okay. I turned on the TV, hoping it would take my mind off things.

Reporter: Good afternoon, Beach City. Sadly, that hellhound is still out there somewhere, and police are saying he might have left the city altogether, but thankfully, our government thinks they're hot on his tail.

Day after day, they seem to get closer to me. At this point, I know they're going to find me. It's only a matter of time.

Blitzø's pov

I'm sitting at my desk doing some important work shit, like dealing with clients and other shit as usual, when I hear a knock on my door.

Blitzø: It's unlocked.

The door slowly opens, and I see my adoptive daughter Loona enter with more of a concerned look on her face, which surprised me. I began to think that she must have caught on; hell, she probably found out about my not-so-great form of mental health a long time ago. I think It's finally hitting her a little too hard.

Loona: Hey Blitz! Is everything okay?

Blitzø: Of course, Lonny, everything is peachy; why do you ask?

Of course, I was lying. For her sake, the last thing I need Is for her to find out about Y/N, or anything that happened In my past, for that matter.

Loona: Well, when I came home last night, I saw you just on the couch with puffy eyes and your favourite horse plush, and the pillow you used looked like It was soaked in tears. What was that all about? Is there something you're not telling me?

Just from her tone of voice alone, I could tell she was concerned about me. Why now, of all times? Why did you HAVE to ask me at all times? Calm down, Blitz; this Is the first time Loona has shown concern for you at all. She's new to this kind of thing; just make up a bullshit story.

Blitzø: I hit my head on the table.

I know that Loona can smell bullshit for miles; she'll see right through me.

Loona: There was no bump or bruise of any kind.

I told you.

Blitzø: Well, It's the truth, Loony, so you can go now.

Loona: Blitz.

Blitz: What Is It, Loony?

Loona: I'm trying to help you; I'm not the greatest when it comes to this sort of stuff, and neither Is your therapist. Hellhounds are USED as therapy down here, and yet you still refuse to let me help you. Why won't you talk to me? Do you think I'm going to judge you or something? I don't understand why you won't let me help you. All I want to do Is comfort you and try to at least make you feel better. I'm trying to help you, Blitz; please just let me help you. You're there for me now. It's my turn to be here for you.

I'm not sure what to say to her anymore; she knows I'm not doing well, and I'm sure she figured that out a long time ago. But maybe I can try to stall before she tries anything else.

Blitzø: Well, I'm fine. Loony, you can go do whatever it was you were doing before you came In here.

Loona: Blitz, please, I'm

I cut her off before she could say anything else.

Blitzø: Loony Daddy is a little busy. Can you please not do this right now?

Loona: But-

Blitzø: Loony, please just leave. I'm busy.

She gave me a sad look before walking out of the office and closing the door behind her. I can't keep hiding sh*t like this from her forever. I know she's going to catch on to my bullshit and call me out for it. It's only a matter of time.

Loona's pov

I walked out of his office with a more concerned look on my face as I headed back to my desk. I saw Millie, who also had a feeling Blitz was hiding something.

Millie: So how did it go?

Loona: He just made up a bullshit story before he asked me to leave his office.

Millie: What was the story? Did he at least try to give you a more believable story this time?

Loona: No, not at all. Here's what he said: Instead, "I hit my head on the table; I'm fine, Loony."

Millie: I just know he's hiding something from us.

Loona: I know, and I'm going to find out what.

Once Millie leaves me alone with my thoughts, I hear Blitz's phone go off; it was from that rich asshole bird dude. His message said something about jelly sandwiches or something like that. I don't understand why this guy's kinks are so weird, even for hell. Then I thought maybe whatever Blitz is hiding has something to do with his contacts, so I scrolled through his contacts until I came across one I simply didn't recognize. The title of the contact was simply titled Y/N. I opened the chat and saw the last message was 5 years ago; it was also just about 1 week before Blitz adopted me, and all the message said was "Don't come looking for me; it's too dangerous." I knew he was hiding something.