When The Past Catches Up

Y/N's pov

Once I finished my shower, I thought it might be best to try to get some sleep.

Y/N: Hey Look I'm going to go to bed. I feel like shit right now.

Loona: Okay, babe, try and get some good sleep.

Y/N: I'll try.

I walked into the bedroom and got into bed. I was able to get to sleep okay, but it wasn't long before that sleep was ruined.

*flashback/nightmare* 1/2

My parents and I were captured by the government sitting in a cage being stabbed, burned, and shocked. We were just waiting for a chance to slip out of the government's grasp, and it came. We finally had poised off Dad enough for his flamehound form to kick in. We needed to slip out. We killed everything in our path until they had a net over my parents. I went back for them, but I couldn't make it to them.

End of nightmare/flashback 1/2

Y/N'S POV

I woke up feeling sweat drip down my forehead. I looked around and saw Loona peacefully sleeping next to me. Needing something to drink, I walked over to the kitchen and trapped a glass of water, only to keep having flashbacks about their deaths. I eventually couldn't take It anymore, as I sat there on the floor and began to cry, which I'm sure Loona heard.

Loona's pov

I'm sleeping soundly. I was in bed when I started to hear someone crying in the kitchen. I walked out and saw Y/N crying on the floor. I walked up to him and asked him what was wrong. All he did was wrap his arms around me and continue to cry. I knew he couldn't talk about it right now, so I just simply sat there and hugged him, hoping that he'd be okay. Once his tears slowly came to a halt, I took his hand and guided him to the couch, sat him down, and snuggled into him, hoping that would make him feel better. I know he won't talk about it, but I'm hopeful that maybe this time is going to be different.

Loona: Hey, it's okay. I'm here now. Just relax. Everything Is going to be okay.

He sat there for a minute before he slowly lifted his head up and gave me a depressed look.

Loona: Do you want to talk about it, baby?

Y/N:...

Loona: It's ok; I'm not going to force you to.

He sat there for a minute before he finally broke the silence.

Y/N: I had a nightmare about my parents deaths.

Loona: Can you tell me more?

Y/N: We were all captured by the government and escaped after my dad's flame-hound form was unleashed. We were going to make it out before my parents were hit with an electric net. I went back for them and tried to save them, but they simply told me to run and don't look back. Then my grandpa shot a bullet through their skulls. I was able to get away and found someone opening a portal back to hell. I then lived on the streets for 12 years before Blitz found me, and I'm sure you know the rest.

Loona: So you were only seven, and yet you think your parents deaths were your fault?

Y/N: It was my fault.

Loona: Bullshit, babe, listen to me very closely. I'm only going to say this once. You were still a puppy. There's very little you could have done. It's not your fault; it was never your fault. You tried to save your parents, and that's all that matters. I'm sure they're In a better place now, so stop thinking it's your fault. You were only 7 years old. It's never a child's fault when something goes wrong. The government can't reach us in hell. You're safe here with us. You were not and never will be the cause of your parents deaths. Do you understand me?