Biology File 1: Lunastella Hares

**This file is exclusive to the Xiaolumi Fated Encounter Series**

~.~.~

Lunastella Hares were a species of elemental rabbit that came in hydro, umbra, and cryo varieties. They were thought to be nothing but fairytales by many scholars and historians of Teyvet for generations. However the archons, primordials, minor gods, and elemental races know better of the truth. During the Lunar Calamity they vanished from the world and were never thought to be seen again.

However with the reincarnation of Sonnet the Siren, one of the Three Lunar Goddesses they have begun to reappear as if from nowhere. To the average human they appear to be normal rabbits but to the eyes of an allogene they can see very distinct wavy red markings that glow with their element. They are characterized for they cute, fluffy white fur and blood red eyes. However their eyes and fur will change color during the New Moon, fur turning pitch black and glow with starlight. Their eyes turning a feral blue with snake-like pupils. Their fur is said to be even softer and smoother then the finest of Liyuelite ad Inazuman silk.

They are by nature, a nocturnal species coming out to forage and graze with their warrens. They are very beloved by the Moon God, Vesperus and are considered his sacred symbol and animal. Thus hunting a Lunastella Hares have become outlawed within the borders of the nations of Liyue, Sumeru, Snezhnaya, and Inazuma. Within these nations even keeping a Lunastella Hare is punished severely unless the rabbit is being treated for injury or illness. 

It is said Lord Vesperus keeps a Lunastella Hare exclusively as his own that he has had since he was very little. It is also said this rabbit serves as his messenger and will even comfort the souls of children that met an untimely end. But nobody for sure knows if any of the legends and folklore are true of the moon God's furry companion except for the Blinding One herself and a select privilege few that knows the identity of Vesperus. 

Sadly there are some mortals that that do not obey by these laws placed by these nations and the Church of Lumen. Poachers and people of ignorance or even greed seek out these rabbits to sell or even to hunt for their fur. Such crimes have been known to bring out the disciplinary bodies of Liyue, Inazuma, Sumeru, and Snezhnaya. It's even said there's been cases the archons step in at these four nations due to how much the Lunastella Hares mean to Vesperus. The Akademiya however has been permitted by Vesperus and the Goddess of Wisdom to study this species in the wild. Keeping records on their biology and zoology.