Medical Files 1: New Moon Syndrome

***Exclusive To Xiaolumi Fated Encounter Series***

~.~.~

Type: Genetic Disorder

Affected: Lycans/Beastkin race, adepti race, yaksha race, deities

Known patients Afflicted: Vesperus.

Symptoms: Mid to high grade fever, lose of elemental control, weakness, mild personality change, body can't contain and maintain natural element energy, minor appearance changes, labored breathing, and even headaches.

Case study recorder
Keeper Dainslief, Kairos Aion 

[Dainslief's Notes]
This bizarre disease seems to be unique to anything with links to the Grievious Stars, the three sisters that my love calls Aria, Sonnet, and Canon. It is such a strange genetic condition that seems to have a high mortality rate if not treated in time. Especially towards infants and the closer they are to the moon. Kairos in all her wisdom foresaw this happening to our grandson, Vesperus. it took everything for her to break out from where she had been imprisoned for only she can safely collect and create the Astral Ambrosia that Sonnet's reborn self would require. I've seen for myself what this genetic condition can do to a tiny infant and it is not pretty. Vesperus suffered a terrible fever, he wouldn't even cry as he struggled to breath. His complexion was very pale as well. Thankfully a lunar calamity was adverted and he got the treatment he needed. For this reason I dub this "New Moon Syndrome."

 [Kairos's Notes]
Curse my begrudging sister, Nyxia for interfering how far you've fallen!! Be damned that foolish Dottore and the foolish sages he roped in to help him. Sonnet's rebirth was to hold no complications, though I admit I played a small trick on Sonnet by having her be reborn male. But that was harmless and wouldn't effect my adorable grandson in the slightest!! The instant I saw this I resolved to seize the chance to escape and get to Yggdrasil as fast as possible. I needed to make that ambrosia to fix the damage done by Nyxia and humanity's hubris. The death of the moon is one Teyvet can't handle a second time. The moon god is the law of life and death made flesh. He ushers in the autumn and winter winds for me. He brings about the bountiful harvest humanity needs to keep moving forward. 

However I have noticed some things about this odd syndrome...it's almost like it's Sonnet's karma for what she did during the lunar calamity. Sonnet had failed in her duty to bring the moon about causing madness and chaos. Even her own demise as well as her sisters' deaths, going at each other like rabid wolves. It could also be she herself placed this as a punishment on herself for her next life. I do not know but I do know that humanity is unaware as to why every new moon the young Moon God seems to also vanish. The answer differs amongst the masses but the truth? Vesperus goes into hiding or returns home to the royal family's palace. 

Vesperus appearance changes and he is prone to getting very ill when once a month every time the moon vanishes from the night sky. His golden hair turns jet black and his eyes turn his grandfather's sapphire blue. He really does look a lot like my dear Bough Keeper. While he's like this he is unfortunately quite frail and prone to getting sick. 

For this reason Vesperus has taken a habit of staying close to the archons he sees as family. Before the death of my nephew, Morax a few decades after war, Vesperus always stayed with him. But he has sense will retreat to the Tsarista, Murata's, or little Buer's sides if possible. If not he seems to seek out Wanderer for shelter and protection. However Vesperus's condition does not hinder him, he just sees it as a temporary annoyance. 

Something of note: For the mortal race of the lycans this syndrome has similar effects but makes transforming to full beast forms very painful. A treatment is still trying to be created by the healers and medical scientists. Eventually they hope it can lead to a cure.