Biology File 3: Quetzal Snakes

**This is exclusive to the Xiaolumi Fated Encounter Series!!**

These huge serpents are few and far between and a baffling mystery to the scholars of Teyvet. They were first seen in Natlan, coming out from the magma before the very eyes of the Pyro Archon. They are said to be as big as the vishap dragons that once walked and flew the world some claim. They are a beautiful snake covered in rainbow feathers with massive wings and burning copper to jade green eyes. The bite from these snakes is said to feel like you are being burned alive in a fire. Their victims turning to ash or even stone due to the venom.

But when and where did they come from? The first quetzal snakes surfaced during the Chronos Eclipse Disaster during the birth of the Sun Goddess, Solis. It is for this reason people believe these snakes to be born from her fire and are her avatars. As long as not provoked they are actually a very gentle and secretive species, preferring to nest in the old ruins and near the thicker mountain jungles. They have also become very special to the pyro archon and it's even said she found an egg of these creatures and is raising one of her own to be her familiar.