Botany Files 1: Lunar Wisteria

***Exclusive to the Xiaolumi Fated Encounter Series***

Lunar Wisteria is a brand new species of flowering tree that has begun to appear across Teyvet in the nations of Liyue, Sumeru, and Inazuma. They are came into existance during the disaster of the Chronos Eclipse. it is unknown why this new flora species has come to be but it is rich in Cryo energy. But one thing all scholars across Teyvet have come to an agreement on: This flowering willow-like tree is sacred.

It grows beautiful glowing blossoms that cascade downward like a curtain from the branches, much like a willow tree. These flowers will only bloom at night, opening their petals at dusk. They give off a pleasing, soothing scent that can calm the mind and even encourage a restful slumber. The flowers of this tree come in pale silvery blue, pale gold, and soft violet depending on the nation you find it in. However once picked the flowers will swiftly turn to dust by the time dawn arrives so herbalists, doctors, and scientists are desperately trying to find a way to preserve these beautiful flowers. 

However in the City of the Gods this flower blooms year round and never withers. it can be found everywhere across the Celestial Empress's royal gardens. Within these gardens Vesperus spends a lot of time tending and caring for these flowers when he is not traveling across Teyvet. Perfumes and incense are often made from these flowers by Vesperus in order to aid his parents that still suffer the traumas of their pasts.

Lunar Wisteria has been known to have medical properties that greatly help yokai, adepti, and the lycan races. In some cases using the ash created from the bark of a Lunar Wisteria will serve as potent Void Realm repellent for exorcists. The sacred ash of this tree making the the invisible seen to the mortal eye and some cases petrify the monsters of the Void Realm. it is for this reason Lunar Wisteria has gained the names "Moonflower" and "Void's Bane".