Deity Familiar/Pet Files 4: Samos The Swift

-Profile Info-

Name: Samos

True Name: Cuculus

Gender: Female

Race: Star Beast Griffin

Status: Alive/Active

Contracted: House Aion

Contractor: Zaria(current)

Age: Very Ancient(eons old)

Year of Birth/Creation: Unknown, presumed be a creation of alchemy or born the abyss itself.

Element(s): Anemo, Lumeno/Pneumia

Key Traits: Stunning golden feathers that seem to shimmer like the cosmos. It's appearance not too dissimilar from the Twin Laws with key differences. It is very territorial even ornery refusing to listen or let anybody ride it's saddle other then its master or Mother Creator herself. It's about the size of a horse with a eagle's head, front legs, and wings and a lion's body.

Duties: Assist in everything Zaria needs or requires and provide her protection and transportation. Dispose of any and all threats to those that trespass the royal palace and sacred garden without permission.

Intelligence: Very high. Shown to have training of a first class military mount, maybe higher. Has been known to obey his master's parents without question or reason. Will attack without warning if Zaria is threatened or somebody tries to get on its back.

Known Abilities: Anemo immunity, Physical immunity, sharp talons/claws, capable of producing portals/wormholes, telepathic thought/image projection, keen senses, insane strength and agility. 

~.~.~

Should you hear an odd "zing" and sonic boom in the air oh Seeker take cover. For that was Samos the Swift, one of the Four Heralds, the most loyal familiars and retainers of Allmother's children. But none is as swift and ornery as Samos, Herald of Wind. She guards the bifrost and its many gates up to the heavens into the Realm of Light and the worlds beyond. If you are lucky or unlucky depending on your fortunes, you might spot this majestic beast that shines like the stars and rises with the sun. 

Samos is never far from the crown princess, Lady Zaria. Serving willingly and contently as her mount even into battle...or so I hear. Named for a old story Zaria encountered the mighty beast as a mere child, no bigger then a ten or 12 year old human mortal. From there the legends and historians can't seem to agree how the young goddess hailed as the "Red Maiden" had met her companion.

Some claimed the creature was born of alchemy in a forbidden practice during one of it's dynasties and escaped. Others claim it was a star beast, a visitor from beyond the realms. There are those that even claim such outlandish ideas that Rhinedottir, Remus, or Deshret created the creature. The truth itself known only by the House of Aeon itself. But there is one thing they all agree on and that Zaria found the creature injured not long after descending into Khaenri'ah with her parents. The furious beast to this day remains loyal only to Zaria and should anybody so much as try and do harm to House Aeon this is the herald that shall meet in all her blinding. fury.