Geology File 1: Sunfire Opal

***EXLUSIVE TO XIAOLUMI FATED ENCOUNTER SERIES***

~.~.~

These beautiful shining gemstones are truly beyond compare by geologists and gemmologists that studied at the Akademiya. This gem was first discovered two years after the events of the Chronos Eclipse within the bedrock of the desert and in the Mare Jivari itself. Though it unclear how it came to be but some scholars suggest that it came about with the birth of Solis. And they would be half right.

The true story is that as a child Solis had wanted to give a gift for her mother's birthday. So with a little help she merged her powers over pyro and geo to cause a reaction so strong it created these precious jewels. Before refinement the crystal has often been mistaken for a simple cor lapis until the shell is broken. Inside is the jewel that is bright as the sun, thus the name Sunfire Opal was given to it. 

This crystal has gained a lot of names but the most famous has to be "Solis's Tear" due to it hue and the legend that now surrounds it. It has become customary to give a gift of pendant or bracelot with a sunfire opal when a child is celebrating their parents. It has quickly become the gem of warriors and adventurers alike, hoping to have Solis's protection.