Biology File 5: Jotunheim Wyverns

***Exclusive to the Xiaolumi Fated Encounter Series***

The elusive ice breathing, slime devouring reptiles are almost impossible to find after the events of the Chronos Eclipse. But one of the Fatui Harbingers witnessed these dragon vishap-like creatures rising out from the frozen glacier born from the very ice itself. Their bodies are very rich in cryo and electro energy and have roars that sound like a howling blizzard. They have pale scales that come in pale blue but will turn pitch black under a waning moon.

Their bites are not a pleasant experience. An unfortunate Fatui soldier found out the hard way when they attacked it, mistaking these divinity created beasts born from the Moon God's birth as abyssal monsters. The fangs of a Jotunheim Wyvern are full of long cured knife-like fangs and a poisonous bite that turns its victims into ice statues. They are not huge creatures by any means, an adult male being smaller then much larger and more aggressive darker blue females. The species' average size is no larger then a draft horse.

Some brave or maybe even foolish people have managed to snatch the eggs of these creatures. Desiring to attempt to domesticate and breed them to be mounts and beasts of burden. However nobody has succeeded as their diet is very specialized in the fact they eat crystals and the lesser slime monsters. They do not survive out of frigid climates so it is impossible to keep them outside of Snezhnaya. 

However some covens of the wyverns have begun to settle at the top of Dragonspine around the ruins of the Skyfrost Nail. Seeing a Jotunheim Wyvern in the area means the leyline system is very strong and healthy and should be left in peace. it is said the Moon God, Vesperus keeps two Jotunheim Wyverns that he successfully raised and tamed to pull his chariot. There is a rumor the Tsarista was gifted a egg of a very special Jotunheim Wyvern that his wyverns had bred, but none are sure if this is fact. Personality wise these wyverns are veryy calm and gentle but have a nasty aggressive temper, typically living in covens of up to seven to ten wyverns. The coven is made up a single female, her males, and her chicks.