File 12: Lantern of Gjöll

***EXLUSIVE TO THE XIAOLUMI FATED ENCOUNTER SERIES***

-Kairos' Entry-

It has gone by many names throughout Teyvet's long history and is even known many decades after the events of the Ragnorak War since. Such names include "Merlin's Lamp", "Light of The Lost Souls", "Lamp of Khonsu", "Lunar Lantern", "Tsukuyomi's Hi no Tama" and many more names have been lost to time. So many stories, myths, and legends surround this mysterious little lantern used by the son of Emperor Alatus and Empress Lumen. He almost always has it somewhere in his possession or keeps it not far from his reach. 

Why is this lantern that casts a glow like pale blue moonlight so important to the young moon deity? Many mortals have guessed and told tall tales but there is only a tiny few nations that have gotten it's true purpose correct. Vesperus uses this lantern to find lost souls in order to guide them away to the afterlife, straight to the sacred springs at Yggdrasil's roots. The light itself is also a means of purification, much like the incense his father often carried on their person. The flame inside is not hot nor does it give off any warmth at all, rather it is the opposite. The flame inside the ancient lantern of the Moon Sisters is a flame of pure cryo energy. 

This lantern is greatly feared by the monsters, beings, and creatures of the Void Realm. Just being exposed to it has startling effects against these fiends, freezing them to the core right to even their souls. There have been a few cases of foolish beings that have tried to steal Vesperus's lantern. Some thinking they could mistakeningly control the moon deity while others thought it was his weakness. Oh but contrare, dear human that finds my entry from my library here in my Garden of Eden. I assure you it is the opposite of what these silly mortals think.

Getting hit by the fire from the lantern of Gjoll has the effect of bringing out a very nasty side of him. They soon are met not by a gentle soft spoken wolf yaksha but a being of nightmares. For Vesperus has as two sides to him many discover. The side that is gentle as a lamb and is such a sweet, wise, and clever little yaksha that is actually rather shy. Then there is cruel, spiteful, grudgeful, and malicious darkness that will give a darker fate. He is the moon, both the light and it's shadow it casts. He is life and ushers souls into the next. For the Lantern of Gjoll is but one of many of his tools passed on to him from times long past. It is the light to guide the lost souls to safety and discover the spirits and monsters that resist.