Biology File 4: Sun Kitsunes

**Exclusive To The Xiaolumi Fated Encounter Series**

These tiny kitsunes are something that manifested, born out of the fires of the hearth and bonfires of the Shogunate's samurai during the Chronos Eclipse. Miko and Ei were baffled at the sight of these little creatures with no physical bodies. They are spirits with tangible forms that ripple and move like fire and smoke. They are very rich in purifying pyro energy and are characterized by their unique markings that seem to mimic that of the Lunastella Hares.

They are no bigger then a house cat with large ears and rope with sacred pearls around their necks. Like Miko, they are capable of shapeshifting however Ei has observed they are not the same race for they are not yokai. They are beings born and created due to the birth and awakening of the sun goddess, Solis. And unlike Miko they don't seem to cause the same amount of mischief nor have the same level of intelligence. 

Their only instinct is to purge monsters from the abyss and encourage crops to grow. it is for this reason many shrine maidens and even excorists from overseas now covet these spirit-like creatures.  However Ei and Miko have strictly forbidden these fox spirits be hunted for they are very precious to Solis. It's even said Solis has a pet Sun Kitsune with a particularly rare color she has named Inari. However only those close to her and her family know the truth if she does or not. They do say Inari will regularly help Solis with various simple tasks. If you are lucky you may see these creatures just as the sun rises over Mt.Narukami.