File 10: Chronos Eclipse

**EXLUPSIVE TO XIAOLUMI FATED ENCOUNTER SERIES**

~.~.~

On January 10th, Year of the Rabbit a "Calamity Level" event did transpire. The world was stuck in perpetual twilight, the moon and sun eclipsing each other perfectly casting the world in the color of blood. Creatures, monsters, and evil spirits creeped out of the shadows like a festering disease. Time frozen to a standstill for everyone except those with Visions or weren't human to begin with such as the yokai, lycans, and adepti to name a few. Every single creature of the Void's abyssal realm trying desperately to reach Sumeru. 

But why did this happen?

Just as the deaths of a deity can have explosive, even nuclear reactions...So too does the natural births of gods. For it was the birth of the twin gods, Solis and Vesperus that brought about this disaster that scarred the world and terrified the heavens. It was these tiny newborn twins of the sun and moon that carried the legacy of the yaksha and primordial in their veins that made the Void try so desperately to devour them. To the Void to let these twins to live meant their doom.

However this bizarre eclipse brought many things, new flora and fauna began to come into existence. Creatures, flowers, precious minerals, even trees with strong links to Solis and Vesperus manifested. But other changes happened too. Sumeru's desert gained a area of lush grassland savannah around the Sobek Oasis is one example. 

The lycan race was greatly effected by the birth of Vesperus during the eclipse. Lycans such as Diona, Tighnari, Gorou, Sucrose, and many others were effected. Gaining massive beast-like forms, growing more aggressive feeling the moon God's pull. Others effected by Vesperus were the yokai, adepti, and even his own father, Alatus. Solis's birth brought a lot of creation and destructive force, the volcanoes were erupting violently during the eclipse. Strange flora and dangerous fauna appearing such as the Amazonite Jaguars. 

But the Chronos Eclipse had an effect none of Celestia anticipated: The escape of Istaroth from the depths of Tartarus. The events provided the time goddess the means and just enough power to make her escape from her gilded cage. However the shackles remain and still harm her, restraining her on what she can do. She is out but she still isn't completely free and so her Bough Keepers searches, desperate to save her. For now the Goddess of Time has slipped away into hiding away from the eyes of everyone as she continues to watch over her daughter and humanity.