17

Seungmin heard Felix confessing to Hyunjin and his heart dropped. They must just have a physical relationship right now. Which means I still have a chance. Thank goodness I interrupted when I did, Seungmin thought.

"What is it that you need," Hyunjin asked, slightly annoyed that he and Felix couldn't finish their conversation. He didn't want Feix to start panicking, so he wanted to return to him as quickly as possible.

"I needed to talk to you about something," Seungmin said. 

"What's up?" Hyunjin asked, distracted. His mind was racing still from Felix's confession and he wanted to hurry this up and get back to him.

Seungmin grabbed Hyunjin's hand, making the older turn towards him and finally look at him. "I like you Hyunjin hyung," Seungmin confessed.

Hyunjin's eyes widened, he was utterly shocked by Seungmin's confession. How did I not see this coming? Did I take all the years of what I thought was kindness, was him actually coming on to me? Hyunjin thought. Before Hyunjin could say anything Seungmin leaned in and kissed him. Hyunjin froze, no one had ever kissed him other than Felix and he hated it. His body finally caught up with his brain and he pushed Seungmin off of him.

"What are you doing?" Hyunjin asked, bewildered.

Before he could answer Felix rushed past them. Felix got restless waiting so he decided to walk back towards the house. He did not expect to see Hyunjin and Seungmin kissing. He was shocked, he knew that the two were close, but never did he expect for Hyunjin to like the younger. Why have sex with me if he likes Seungmin? Felix thought. Tears started forming in Felix's eyes, he needed to get away. His anxiety was overwhelming him and he needed to get out of there. He blindly ran past the two, never seeing that Hyunjin pushed Seungmin off.

"Felix! Wait!" Hyunjin called after him. He proceeded to run after the younger, when Seungmin stopped him.

"Hyunjin hyung, please..." Seungmin said, grabbing his hand.

"I'm sorry, but I've never felt that way about you. I appreciate you as a friend, but that's it. I have to go." Hyunjin said, pulling his hand from Seungmin's grasp and ran after Felix.

Felix made it back into the house and made a beeline for his room. Oblivious to anyone that may have been there. Chan looked up from his seat at the dining room table when he heard the back door open. He saw Felix running in, wiping at his face and frowned. That's not good, Chan thought. Before he could say anything to Felix, Hyunjin came running in as well out of breath. Hyunjin made eye contact with Chan and neither of them said anything as Hyunjin continued to follow after Felix.

Chan was really worried now. Did Hyunjin reject him, but why? I know they like each other, what could've happened? Chan thought. He decided to wait a little bit before going up to check on the two of them. He continued to work when he heard the door slide open for a third time to his surprise. He looked up once again and in came Seungmin, who was quietly hiccuping from sobbing. He made eye contact with Chan and started crying again. Oh no, Chan thought. He had put things together, he opened his arms and Seungmin came running into them. He didn't say anything and just silently embraced the younger as he cried into Chan's arms.

After a long time Chan finally asked, "Want to talk about it?" Seungmin had finally calmed down and let go of Chan. He shook his head no and looked down at the ground.

"Okay, I won't push the subject, but I am here for you when you are ready to talk about it." Chan said, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. Seungmin nodded his head and moved to sit in the chair next to Chan.

Neither said anything and Chan eventually went back to work, letting the younger just sit with him until he was ready to either talk or go to bed. Seungmin sat there just staring off into space. Chan would occasionally glance up at him, but didn't say anything. His mind wandered to Hyunjin & Felix hoping that they worked through whatever happened.

"I messed up," Seungmin finally confessed. Chan closed his laptop and listened to the younger.

Seungmin sighed, "I...I told Hyunjin I liked him, knowing deep down he didn't feel the same."

Chan frowned, he didn't realize the younger had feelings for Hyunjin. He knew they were close but he just thought they were just close friends. "What happened?" Chan asked

"I kissed him...and Felix must've seen because he ran past us. I saw them kissing earlier and..and I don't know," Seungmin said, tears streaming down his face again.

"Oh Seungmin," Chan said, his heart breaking for all of them. Things were going to be tense between all of them for a while. He hoped he could help them get through it.

"I-I just wanted someone to love me," Seungmin said, through his tears.

Chan reached out and pulled him into a hug, "I know. I'm sorry you're hurting."

Chan continued to hug him until he finally calmed down. "I have to apologize to them." Seungmin said, wiping at his eyes, leaning back from Chan.

"I think that would help," Chan said, nodding. He reached up and patted Seugmin's head.

"But my feelings won't go away," Seungmin said, dropping his head.

"I know they won't go away, but you'll find someone who loves you," Chan said reassuring him.

Through teary eyes, Seungmin looked up at Chan, "Thanks Chan hyung."

"Of course, I am always here for you guys," Chan said, hugging him again. "Let's go to bed and we can go through your apology tomorrow, okay?"

"Can I stay with you and Changbin hyung? I don't think Hyunjin hyung wants me in the room tonight." Seungmin said, wiping his tears.

"Of course, let's go to bed," Chan said. Seungmin headed up the stairs and Chan followed. He rubbed his eyes and sighed. I hope those two are okay, Chan thought.

—————-
Don't hate me for this Seungmin centric chapter. It was important. I hope you dislike him a little less  XD

1030 words