19

Chan followed after Felix and they both walked in silence until they reached the beach. Felix sat down in the sand and waited for Chan to join him.

"Do you already know what happened?" Felix asked, running the sand through his hands.

"Seungmin kind of told me what was going on, but I want to hear your viewpoint."

"I told Hyunjin I like him and he went and kissed Seungmin," Felix said, his hands clenched into fist, tears forming in his eyes. Chan silently listened, his heart breaking for his friend.

"I just don't understand after all this time, why he was using me if he liked Seungmin the whole time," Felix choked out, tears flowing steadily down his face.

"Are you sure he likes Seungmin? Maybe that's not the whole story?" Chan said, reaching out to rub Felix's back trying to calm him down.

"Chan hyung, I saw them kissing! What else could that mean?" Felix said, turning towards

Chan and making eye contact with him. He wanted to just pull the younger into a hug and make all his pain go away.

Felix wanted to run away, he wanted to scream. He loves Hyunjin so much. It would've been fine if the older didn't like him, but he felt so betrayed that his worst fear was true. The older liked another member and he was going to be replaced.

"I think that you should give them a chance to explain and hear what they have to say," Chan tried to counsel Felix.

"What else is there to explain? I saw what I saw!" Felix said he was getting frustrated with Chan. Why is he trying to defend them? Felix thought.

"I am not trying to upset you. Let's just hear what they have to say, please." Chan said, holding his hands up in defeat. Felix didn't say anything, just getting lost in his thoughts. They both fell silent, just sitting in each other's company.

"Hey hyungs," Seungmin said, coming up behind them.

Both Felix and Chan turned around. Chan noticed that Felix clenched his fist and he hoped the younger will be open to hearing them out, especially since he know the truth.

"What do you guys want," Felix asked harshly.

Hyunjin flinched from Felix's tone of voice, even during play Felix never spoke to him like that. His eyes started to tear up and he gulped. Seungmin tensed up, he had never heard Felix sound so angry. He was known as the sunshine of the group, even when he was upset he never raised his voice or spoke harshly with them.

"I want to apologize for yesterday and explain what happened," Seungmin said, as he nervously fidgeted with his shirt hem.

"What is there to explain?" Felix asked, getting up to leave.

"Wait, please Felix. Just listen." Hyunjin grabbed his hand and begged him.

Felix looked up at Hyunjin and made eye contact with him. He noticed the tears brimming Hyunjin's eyes and wanted to reach up and wipe his tears away. He could see the desperation in his eyes and sighed.

"Fine," Felix said, pulling his hand out of Hyunjin's grasp.

Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief. "I am so sorry we never got to finish our conversation yesterday."

Seungmin chimed in, "Yes, I am sorry I caused this mess. I heard you confessing your feelings to Hyunjin hyung and I need to take a chance and do the same. It was wrong of me and I forced him to kiss me."

Felix listened to Seungmin's explanation and he still doubted the story. What if they are just tricking me. I hate this feeling, I don't know if I can trust them. Felix mind raced. His anxiety was getting the better of him and he felt like he was spiraling.

"I'm not really sure what to say," Felix confessed.

"Just know I came onto Hyunjin hyung, not the other way around," Seungmin tried to reassure him. Hyunjin anxiously watched Felix hoping that he would realize they were speaking the truth.

Chan finally spoke up after watching the whole interaction, "Seungmin, why don't we give them some space and go back."

Before heading back Seungmin turned around one more time, tears flowing down his face and said, "I'm sorry."

Felix hated seeing others hurting, even through his anger, his heart hurt for Seungmin. He and Hyunjin both stood there. He looked down at the ground as Hyunjin watched him.

"I..." Felix started, he didn't finish turning away from Hyunjin to stare at the ocean. They both fell quiet as the only sound that could be heard was the crashing waves.

"I just don't know," Felix finally spoke up. His heart was beating fast and loudly in his ears. He still faced away from Hyunjin, watching the waves crash over each other which calmed him a bit. "It hurt a lot seeing you kiss Seungmin, regardless of who kissed who, it still happened," Felix whispered.

Hyunjin's heart ached, he never wanted to ever cause Felix any pain. "I'm so sorry Felix. I never want to cause you any pain," Hyunjin said, his voice quivering.

Felix finally turned around to face the older. He looked up to stare into Hyunjin's brown eyes. He could see the pain and remorse in them and his heart clenched. He wanted this to be behind them, though he still didn't know if Hyunjin liked him or not.

"You never ended up giving me an answer, so hyung do you like me?" Felix asked, holding his breath.

Hyunjin grabbed Felix's hand, "I don't like you..." Felix's breath caught in his throat and he pulled away from Hyunjin. Hyunjin didn't let him go and pulled him back into him hugging him. "I don't like you because I love you." Hyunjin finally confessed.

Felix's eyes widened not believing what he just heard. He pulled back a little and asked, "You love me?"

Hyunjin leaned and kissed Felix, who immediately melted into the kiss. They put all their emotion into the kiss. Hyunjin pulled away breathlessly, "Yes, I love you Felix."

___________

Welp to be honest this was not the route I was going with the story when I first started it, but I am happy where it's ending up!

They finally confessed!! Wonder what's next for them??

1003 Words