Truth

MK sat in his bed, how was he going to tell them all about Liu. She hasn't been here for weeks now, and MK couldn't keep it in anymore.

He stared at the clock as 3:06AM turned to 3:07AM. He fell back on his bed groaning and rolling around on his bed.

"Maybe I should just say it straight out..." he thought, he groaned again. He closed his eyes to think, but before he knew it. He was asleep.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEEEEEEEPPP

The alarm blared out, MK sat up immediately,
"Huh what!?" He looked around quickly realizing it was morning. "I WASTED THE WHOLE NIGHT!" MK yelled kicking his legs in the air squirming around in his bed.

Just then he caught a glimpse at the time, 8:55AM,
"I HAVE 5 MINUTES!" He screamed in horror. He immediately got up changing, and grabbing his staff, phone, headband, and whatever else he needed.

MK sprinted downstairs running straight into Pigsy shop, "IM NOT LATE I SWEAR I WAS JUS-" his words were cut short when he realized no one was in there. "H-huh!?" He looked around then froze.
His eyes widened.
His heart dropping as he back up slightly his back hitting the cover they used to cover the doorway. (Idk what it's called..)
He clutched onto his staff getting into fighting stance.

She looked over and smiled,
"Hello MK," Liu Said, waving slightly.

"What are you doing here Liu!" MK asked, "and where's your 'bOyFrIeNd' back-stab Macaque!" Mk exclaimed. Liu frowned,
"Now that's not nice, is it?" Liu stood up brushing off her pants. "Is it bad I came to see my friends? And he isn't my boyfriend, he's my husband..okay technically fiancé since we could never get proper rings but still. Husband," Liu corrected.
"W-what? Never mind! They aren't your friends! You betrayed them!"
"I didn't betray anyone."
"Yes you did!" MK yelled furiously.

Liu sighed,
"MK my lines were drawn since day one. You've known since I met you I never liked Monkey King correct?"
"..I mean yeah I guess.."
"So I never betrayed you! Easy! I'm on your side MK, just not Monkey King's. I see how you got con-"
"But I'm on his side!"
"...I'm aware."
"Then how can you be on my side!?" MK asked.

Liu stood for a moment then sighed,
"MK, when I say I'm on your side I mean I trust you. I would let you lead me through a forest or over a lake. I wouldn't let Monkey King. It doesn't matter who's side your on. It doesn't matter to me, well...to a point. But that's besides the point. I'm saying I trust you, I would fight along side you." Liu set a hand on his shoulder smiling.

Then her smiled faded,
"I would not fight along Sun Wukong's side." MK could feel her grip get stronger. She let go and sat back down.

MK looked around again, still no one.

He sat down next to her at the counters.

"You promised you'd tell me everything...so..how? Did all that happen, you and Macaque I mean. We're you even born in this century?! If not, how are you still alive?" MK asked her. Liu smiled,
"I am not from this century. I've actually lived through multiple centuries," Liu explained with a smile.
"Are you like...a god?" MK asked horrified he just called a possible god a traitor.

Instead, Liu laughed,
"Oh no no no! You know that peach you tried to win in that dumb race?"
"Yeah?"
"I just ate one of those!" MK's mouth dropped,
"YOU ATE AN IMMORTAL PEACH!?"
"Mhm!" Liu nodded.

MK stammered trying to find the words,
"B-but yo- I- peach!? You said- but the peaches were-"
"The peaches were stolen by Wukong at the time, so Macaque stole one from Wukong. Simple!" MK's jaw dropped again.
"STOLE!?" He screamed.

After Liu got MK to calm down MK stood up,
"EXPLANATION! FROM THE TOP!" He said sitting back down. As if it were another one of Tang's boring Monkey King tales. Liu sighed,
"Well in the beginning or 'from the top' as you said. I met Macaque after one of his battles with Wukong. He was thirsty and came seeking water."

————

716 words!