No Longer

A/N: I've been waiting to release these for so long it was driving me crazy... ANYWAY ENJOY!

——————————————————————————

Macaque stumbled back into the lair The Bone Demon resided in.
"I see you have failed me Macaque? " She asked glancing over at Macaque.
"It was the dragon of the East's fault but I'm going to-"
"I did not ask who's fault it was." she turned to him, "I did not ask what happened you were going to do." she stomped, "I ASKED IF YOU FAILED!" she yelled furiously.

Macaque let his head drop,
"Yes. I did." he admited,
"See. Not hard. Go back, don't come back until you find them." she demanded.
"But Liu-"
"She's down there," The demon pointed, "At the end of the hall to the left. You may see her before you leave. Then you better not come back until you find them." The lady bone demon looked over her shoulder with a glare that could tear a man apart.

Macaque nodded and walked down the hall until there was a left turn. Once he turned the corner and out of her sight. He sprinted down like hell.

He came to the end of the hall but nothing. He looked around,
"Liu?" he whispered he kept looking around but it was dark only a few crystal illuminating the hall softly, "Liu!" he called in a desperate tone.

"Macaque?" he swing his head, she was in the corner of the room chained to the floor. Only a few crystals illuminating her face and body.

"Liu!" he ran then dropped to his knees sliding to her,
"Are you okay? Did she do anything to you!? Are these chains too tight I can probably loosen them if I-"
"Macaque," Liu lifted her arms just enough to grab his arm, "I'm okay. I just missed you.." she whispered.

Macaque looked her in the eyes, half expecting to see her cloudly white eyes. Instead he was met with her pastel purple eyes. He still couldn't believe that she was really looking at him. He gently lifted her hand to kiss. But the chains stopped the hand from reaching him causing her to wince in pain, he bowed his head to kiss it instead. Setting her hand down to decrease the pain if possible.
"I missed you too.." he admited, looking her in the eyes.

Liu looked at him,
"Your very handsome," She smiled, Macaque chuckled a bit,
"Thank you my dear," he kissed her forehead,
"It's...weird knowing you can see me.."
"Yeah, it doesn't feel real." Liu chuckled softly.

Liu looked up and gasped, Macaque swung his head around,
"What!? What is it!?" he asked standing up and looking around ready for a fight. But all it was, was the darkened hallway with a few crystals scattered the area illuminating the hallway,
"It-it's nothing...I thought I saw something. I haven't been sleeping well," Liu admitted rubbing her shoulder to her neck itching it.

Macaque sighed sitting next to her,
"It's alright, eyes like to trick you I think." Macaque joked, laying her head on his shoulder, Liu chuckled.
"Not that I would know,"
"PFFT-" Macaque held in his laugh
"You can laugh," Liu Said laughing herself. Both of them laughed together very sweetly, just like old times. Becuase jokes about Liu being blind- or..about Liu being blind at one point will always be funny.
"Blind jokes will never not be funny," Liu said laying her head back on his shoulder,
"Truama jokes will never not be funny," Macaque added laying his head in her head,
"Your right," Liu chuckled again.

They sat there for a while, holding the other's hand, staring at the crystals and reflection they projected off the small bits of light from the other end of the hall. Macaque would occasionally kiss the top of her head. For the first time in a while, they sat there together thinking of nothing but the others company.

Of course, Macaque would brush up against her chains and be reminded what was actually happening to them.

They were no longer were living their fun easy life in their home-like cave they built together. No longer just enjoying eachother's company everyday.
No longer the life they knew of dancing around their home to a random song stuck in their heads.
No longer the time they went to flower fields to have a picnic.
No longer could they go and visit the very place they promised to love eachother for eternity.
No longer was it the time where they
made a big blanket nest and cuddled up close together. Or the days they would stay in bed all day sleeping, cuddling or just talking.
It was no longer those days...where they got to feel content, loved and...safe.

For the first time in what felt like an eternity, Macaque cried. Tears poured from his eyes without warning. He turned and grabbed Liu's face turning it twoards him,
"Macaque your-"
"I'm so sorry..." he whispered hugging his wife softly,
"Macaque I-"
"I never wanted to pull you into this situation." he whispered,
"I know-"
"I just was so desperate to see you again of course I made a deal with her! But the moment I was out I dropped the key. I needed to see you I swear I didn't think it woul-"
"Macaque its okay!" Liu finally said rasing her voice.

"I'm not mad at you!" she told him, "I was never mad or annoyed or angry or- whatever! I love you so much! I know you wouldn't do something to put me in harms way. This isn't your fault Macaque. Nothing is your fault." she explained to him. She grabbed his face no matter how painful it was, pulling his face kissing his nose and lips.

"I am your wife. You are my husband.
I chose to go through and hell and back with you the moment I bit that peach you understand?" Macaque looked at Liu, her eyes, white hair, and her soft hands that held his face. He smiled and closed his eyes letting the rest of his tears fall from his eyes.

He bowed his head so her wrist weren't in pain. He held one hand kissing it, then turned and kissed the other.
"Thank you." he whispered, "Thank you for staying with me." Macaque muttered with tears still pouring.

—————————

After an hour, Macaque was forced to say goodbye.

"I love you Liu."
"I love you too Macaque, and hey-"
"Yeah?"
"Don't worry about me okay? Remember, we have lifetimes to find eachother." Liu reminded him. Macaque smiled, he kissed her again one last time,
"I will. I'll see you later then. I love you so much Liu." He told her holding both sides of her face.
"And I love you so so much. I'll see you later. Now go, be safe."
"I'll try.." Macaque got up and started walking away.

Not even 5 steps away he stopped and ran back quickly.

Kissing her one last time before leaving.

Liu stared as he was practically dragged out the hallway by the 'mayor' giving Liu his signature Smirk with a wink. Before he was forced back to work.

She smiled,
"Bye Macaque.." she whispered as a tear fell from her eye another followed and another.
Until she was violent sobbing,
"Macaque...scared." she whispered, "I'm so scared.." she whispered again and again between sobs.

"Do..nt c..rrr..y."

————————————

1218 words!!