Fire and peace [Liu an Macaque 2/3]

For the next few weeks Macaque would check the river and find her there same time everyday. for hours before she left. She then would grab her stick and head home knowing the way as if she had done it her entire life.

Macaque came to sit with her most the time and she would re-do his bandages. Then they would talk getting to know each other more and more. they began to be comfortable with each other, Macaque convinced himself it was just because she had good food and medical supplies nothing else.

About a year since they had met, Macaque had come back to the willow tree and found Liu sitting underneath it once again.
"Liu?" he called, her head turned to the sound,
"Macaque? Is that you?" she asked,
"Yes it's me, how are you?" he asked sitting down next to her,
"I'm doing alright, how are you? Have you changed your bandages?" she asked, Macaque looked down and remembered the struggle he had trying to re-bandage his new scars from a different enemy he and Wukong fought together.

Macaque thought for a moment staring at the failed attempt to re-bandage himself,
"I...tried...it didn't really end well," he explained vaguely,
"Ah I see, I could do it for you. Come, come, I'll make you tea as well!" she said excitedly,
"Sure, I don't see why not," he said.

Macaque tapped her gently so she could tell where he was. She gently grabbed his wrist just to be sure where he was, Macaque took her hand gently so she could let go if she wanted, and put her hand on his arm. So she wouldn't have to rely on her stick as much.

Macaque and Liu had a nice time they talked for a while. Her house was interesting, most things were in home didn't match but given the fact she buys and gets things purely for the textures. She did great. The textures were smooth or rough.

Once it was dark outside, Macaque said goodbye, Promising he would be back the next day. Then snuck out the window to make sure no one would see him.

The next day, Macaque came back like he promised. But as he walked a smell that he couldn't quite pin-point slowly crept closer and closer.

Macaque sniffed one more time as he got closer to her village, it was so familiar but he was still too far to tell. He sped up and got even closer, then the smell hit him.

F I R E.

Macaque ran as fast as he could to Liu's house,
"LIU?!" he yelled entering her house. He ran through the few rooms she had, but she wasn't there.

He ran out her house and back into the forests surrounding her village. He ran to the river she was but he heard sniffing. He stopped and turned, "Liu? Is that you?" He whispered. Liu turned,
"Macaque?" She whispered, she had tears streaming down her face, "Ma-Macaque..." she whispered, Macaque ran over. He fell to his knees pulling her close,
"Hey I'm here, I'm here." Liu hugged him tightly.

Macaque covered her ears as the screams, the crying, horses, cracking of the flames, and the sound of swords clashing filled the air.

There was the sound of horses were getting closer. Macaque picked up Liu bridal style and jumped into the trees. The riders went by them quickly, but they had to wait to make sure there wasn't any others.

Macaque told Liu to wait, as he went to check the village. When he got there, it was burned to the ground, a horrific sight. Blood, bones, arms, legs, eeven yes, everywhere. Along with burned houses, trees, plants...people. Macaque stared then he shut his eyes looking away in pain. He sighed going back to Liu.

There were no survivors.

Liu sat in the tree hanging onto the branch tightly, in fear of falling.
"Liu," Macaque whispered, causing her to jump. She looked over, she reached out,
"Macaque?" he gently held her hand,
"here," she sighed. But then her eyes began to fill with tears.
"There is..." Macaque looked away not wanting to see the pain in her eyes,
"There was no one, Liu I'm...I'm sorry." Liu gasped and began to sob.

Macaque grabbed her bringing her up higher for her to cry in peace. He held her as she sobbed, wrapping his tail around her. Liu sobbed uncontrollably, once she had calmed down Macaque said nothing just held her.

Liu sniffed wiping her eye and nose,
"You can stay with me," Macaque offered,
"Wha-what?" Liu asked sniffing,
"Stay with me, no one will ever hurt you again, you'll be safe," he explained.

Liu thought,
"I'm more concerned about you getting hurt...what if I di-" she was cut off by Macapue
"I won't. I won't let that happen," he said sternly,
"I know you won't but...time is inevitable. Won't it hurt when I do and your still...ageless?" she asked.

Macaque thought,
"I guess but...wait how did you know?"
"No one would name their child Macaque besides 'The Six-Eared Macaque'. You also have a tail Macaque...so..."
"Right right.." It was silent again.

Macaque tightened his hold on her, "I'll be fine, but if I leave you, you won't be fine. So come just come with me okay?" Liu was silent,
"Alright," she agreed, Macaque smiled picking her up again.
"Lets go then, this place is dangerous for you," he said getting ready to jump.

Liu held onto his neck tightly, obviously scared of heights. Afterall she was completely blind up there, all the sounds and smells mix together thanks to the strong winds and obviously...no floor to feel vibrations or environment with.

Macaque made note to himself, he held onto her tightly. As he jumped from tree to tree making his way to an abandoned Sun Wukong tample he stayed at.

——————————————————————————

It had been 4 months since Lou's village was taken from them, but she was doing alright. Macaque believe it or not enjoyed the company, especially from her.

She was very kind, constantly taking care of him, helping him any way she could, and was even on his side with most things he complained about. Macaque tried his best to be kind to her as well. Getitng her favorite foods, new clothes, bringing her to new places she could enjoy, and he tried to listen to anything she had to say. Obviously neither we're perfect and made many of mistakes but they were trying.

After a year the two were more used to eachother and found good boundaries for both of them.

Macaque tried to bring her to more calming places. Cause she had been having panic attacks and PTSD attacks. Macaque of course helped her anyway he could. Often bringing her flowers, blankets, and foods she likes.

After two years Macaque found himself staring for than usual. All he wanted was to be near her, to hold and love her. She was sweet to him, and she knew who he was and a lot of his past. Regardless she was always there for him.

But Macaque knew it wasn't a good idea to be together.

Afterall a mortal and immoral.

It's a stupid idea.

At three years, Macaque found she felt the same. But he was inmortal, she wasn't. As much as they wanted to, they couldn't be together. They agreed to stay as friends to spare both their feelings.

Four years later, Macaque came back with horrible wounds. Of course Liu patched him up, but it was still painful and tiring for him immortal or not. That night Liu had climbed into his bed (which was just a bed of leaves ontop of a tree really) and hugged him. He asked her to stay and she did, they ended up cuddling, but after while Macaque kissed her forhead telling her thank you.

When they woke up they never metioned it, knowing it was wrong. One day she would die, and Macaque would be alone again. She didn't want to put him through the pain of losing someone he loved. But Liu wanted to be selfish. Both knew it was a bad plant though. So they chose to 'forget' that night.

It had been five years since they Liu's village had been attacked.

Recently Liu had become sick.