Nuo's story Pt.2[RedSon n Nuo] (5/?)

Backstory Narrator
——————————————————————————

All night, Nuo tried to find a way to make a doll. After hours of work she had made a doll, it was made of extra scraps from Nuo's clothing, and left over string from a project Nuo's parents ordered her to do.

The next day Nuo came early sititng by the river with her new doll,
"Nuo!" Liang called as she ran over, Nuo looked over and waved.
"Hello Liang," she greeted,
"Is that your doll?" Liang asked, Nuo nodded, "What's her name?" Liang asked,
"Uh..Nu."
"Like your name without the O?"
"...yes." Nuo stared at Liang, she was a little scared. She had never actually played dolls before and wasn't sure if she did it right or not.

Liang laughed,
"I like it! My doll's name is Qiao! Cause she's pretty!" she exclaimed. Nuo nodded,
"I see."
"Are you ready?"
"Wait, what are the rules?" Nuo asked,
"Rules?" Liang asked confused.
"This is a game, what are the rules?"
"Uh no rules just play," Liang said.
"Oh alright. How?" she asked,
"Like this!" Liang cleared her throat, "Hello Nu how are you today?" she asked in a higher odd voice.
"We pretend to be our dolls?"
"Yeah! Now have Nu say something to Qiao!"
"Hello Qiao, I am..well this morning?"
"Good good! Would you like to come to my dinner tonight?"
"Dinner? For what? Are we trying to make an alliance?"
"Huh? No," Liang said confused,
"You are confusing," Nuo spoke, also confused. Liang laughed,
"So are you, but your also funny! I like you!" Liang smiled, Nuo only stared. Then smiled softly at Liang. This was...fun.

More fun than anything Nuo had ever felt. Her first ever human interaction. Not being yelled at for speaking, not being punished. Laughing along with Liang's laughter. Feeling free, it was better than any feeling Nuo had ever felt.

For the next week the two girls would meet by the river side and play or talk.
"So your sister dropped that bolder on you!?"
"Yes."
"That's horrible!"
"I guess, but my siblings always do stuff like that to me and eachother."
"Why!? That's so mean!"
"it's what my parents said to do."
"Do you do everything your parents say?"
"Mostly."
"What do you not do?" Liang asked. Nuo thought,
"I look up to Jing. My parents say having role models is a useless thing and we should never-"
"WAIT ISNT JING YOUR SISTER!?"
"Yes?"
"HOW DO YOU LOOK UP HER?!" Nuo looked to the river.
"She's strong, and kinder than most our siblings.
She stood up for me before. Someone tried to force me into a battle I didn't want to go into and she stopped it. There was another time we were supposed to be having alliance dinner and the guy said something rude. So my sister got up and slammed his head into the table," Nuo explained. Liang's jaw dropped,
"Jing sounds scary.." Nuo nodded,
"she is."

———

For the next few years, Nuo would come everyday without fail. Even on days where Liang even told her she wouldn't be there. Nuo tried playing with her doll alone. When she was there Nuo would play with Liang, and learned so much from her.
As Liang grew, Nuo was there when she wanted to talk about her other friends, family, grandparents and so on.
She had May times asked about Nuo's hair and Nuo told her honestly, but Liang had to swear she wouldn't tell anyone else and she did.
Liang had kept her promise well.

The two had many questions about the other so they played a game. Liang would ask a question about Nuo, her life, family, or lifestyle. After Nuo answered Nuo would ask a question about Liang, her life, Family, or lifestyle. It was interesting to say the least. The two had learned a lot from the other.
Liang taught Nuo lots about love and affection, also about how holidays worked.
While Nuo taught her how to fight, track, and how to tell if someone was watching or lying to her.

The two grew even close, and Nuo grew to be very attached to Liang and Liang was very attached to Nuo.
Sometimes Liang would bring snacks and drinks to share with Nuo. Other times Nuo would bring books, and documents for the two to share and read together.
Lots of them were ledgends and inventions one of the few pieces in Nuo's family library she actually enjoyed. When Nuo asked Liang if she told talk about it more. Liang let her, and Liang watched as for the first time Nuo smiled wide with eyes lit up as she got to talk about one for the things that brought her joy.