Spider queen (3/3)

MK sighed as he looked over the city,
"We should really get better at not destroying the city," he said, Monkey king waved it off,
"Eh priorities!" Monkey king and MK laughed.

"Hey...are you okay after-?"
"Don't worry about it bud, it's dealt with. Wanna tell your friends to take it down a bit?" He asked MK as Mei, Sandy, pigsy, and especially Tang were all practically vibrating at the sight of Monkey king.
"M-M-MONKEY KING IM YOUR BIGGEST FAN-" Tang started yelling excitedly.

Red Son rolled his eyes,
"Hey! Daddy Bull King! Lover girl! Your boy did really good hero work today!" Mei exclaimed.
"N-NO! FOR THE LASTIME I AM NOT A HERO!" Red Son snapped back. Nuo giggled at his outburst watching fondly.

"Father, Nuo lets never tell mother ANYTHING that has happened today?" Red Son asked hopefully. DBK nodded,
"Agreed." Red Son sighed smiling at Nuo, she smiled back sweetly, "Come along, son. Come along Nuo."
"S-son?" Red Son and Nuo made eye contact. Red Son giggled like a little girl, "son!" He whispered happily. Nuo chuckled,
"He referred to me! Kindly!" Nuo whispered back as they both giggled. Red Son suddenly stopped,
"Wait..what happened to your locket? Did you leave it home?" Red Son asked realizing it was no longer around her neck.
"O-oh! No...I..um...there was this lady and she well..." Nuo dug into her pockets, "she stepped on it and it...shattered..I'm sorry.." Nuo looked down as she held each piece of the shattered locket in her hand for Red Son to see.

Just then, Red Son took each piece shoving it in his pocket,
"I don't want you hurting yourself with shattered metal and glass, don't worry I'll fix it for you," he explained, he grabbed her hand, "just...glad your safe, Nuo." He smiled softly. Nuo's eyes widened, they filled with tears, wrapping her arms around his neck,
"I'm glad you're safe too..."she whispered only hugging him tighter. Red Son wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her back. He softly kissed her head, holding her close. Thinking back on the mini journey he had with Noodle boy and Dragon Horse Girl. He could barley think straight, Nuo hadn't found them, she didn't call or text, even when they got back the mortal realm there was nothing. When they found Spider Queen and Red Son's father. RedSon's mind and chest were filled with fear and horror. If something had happened to her while he was off playing 'hero' he would've never forgave himself. Her hair was to the back of her kneecaps now. She was probably terrified...he wasn't there to protect her.

"Red Son." He snapped out his thoughts looking down at Nuo,
"Y-yes?" He asked,
"lets go back ho-...are you okay?" Nuo asked, she gently placed her hand on the side of his face. He touched her hand and found tears in his eyes. He turned away touching his eyes his eyes were pouring tears.
"Red Son?" Nuo reached for him, he wiped his tears,
"Lets just go," He said pulling her close to his chest.

DBK nodded and they disappeared into the flames, back home.

————————

MK watched it all laughing a bit,
"Wha- where's Monkey King?" Tang asked. MK and Tang found a few 'treats' from Monkey king. MK looked up to see Monkey King flying off in his bird form.

"Happy news year monkey king," MK whispered, "WAIT NO DONT!" He yelled realizing Tang was going to eat the treats!

—————————————————————————

Red Son held her close,
"Red Son, you have to tell me what's wrong so I can help...please.." She begged.
Red Son was silent, all he could do was hug her tightly. They stood in the middle of Red Son's room still covered in webs, dirt, sweat, and everything from after the battle.

He rested his head on her shoulder digging into her neck,
"Red Son, please."
"I thought I lost you..." his body was shaking now, "and I...I was so scared. But seeing you..oh gods I finally saw you in front of me and your beautiful smile." Red Son sniffed, "And your gorgeous eyes, you looked at me and I..I.." he began to sob, "The real fear and realization kicked in.." he spoke between sobs,
"Red So-"
"I don't know what I'd do without you Nuo. I don't know." Nuo rubbed his back,
"Don't say that you'd find something-"
"No. No I wouldn't." He spoke harshly hugging tighter.

She kissed his head, he lifted his head to look her in the eyes again. He held the sides of her face, he stared for a while before dropping to his knees.
"Red Son!-"
"Nuo please. Promise me...you'll never put yourself in harms way for me. Please.." tears streamed down his eyes as he looked up at her holding her hands. Nuo sat on his level and kissed him,
"Red Son you know-"
"Please my beloved. I can't forgive myself if I'm the reason your hurt.." Nuo was silent as she watched his desperate eyes pleading for her to say yes.

"Okay..I won't."

Red Son let out a sigh of relief,
"Thank you...thank you so much.." he whispered resting his head on her shoulder hugging her again. Nuo hugged back for a moment. The sat up holding his face making Red Son look at her even with tears pouting from his eyes.

"I love you Red Son."

"I love you too, Nuo...so so much."

—————————————————————————

"Where were you!? What about my destiny!?" The Spider Queen cried out,
"Your destiny has not changed my Queen. Your enemies brought us exactly what we needed.
The real game has just begun." The strange girl simply replied.

———————————————————————————

Congrats you've read 970 words today!