Grave

MK walked down the mountain and through the trees, the moonlight shined through the leaves. It was silent, it seemed not even the birds dared to sing. MK took a deep breath the smell of fresh rain, salty water, and freshly cut grass seemed to flood his nostrils.

He kept walking until his foot hit a rock hard. MK jumped back grabbing his foot,
"OW OW OW!" He yelped, "WHO PUTS A HUGE RANDOM ROC-" MK stopped when he finally looked down at the rock.

It had writing on it..
MK stared, the writing on the stone was a little messy and hard to read. But MK was able to make it out,
"Ming, The Re-Creator, A soul who never gave up on the abandoned and hopeless." Was engraved on the stone.

MK wiped his eyes dry and he bowed to the grave. He looked around and saw a few dandelions he picked a few dandelions  and set them by the grave. He saw the old, wilting flowers, and set them aside.

"Hi, I'm MK...um...I'm Monkey Kings successor. He um...Monkey King seems to really miss you. It's funny I had barely heard of you before today, and when I asked about you Monkey King snapped at me." He stopped as if waiting for a response, "He's not here, right now. He had to leave...well he wanted to leave. He's on vacation he said, I just...you seemed really cool. Do you think you could help me? I'm a dream or something?" MK chuckled as more tears streamed down his face.

"Sorry, this is so dumb...sleep well.." MK cleared his throat, he stood up wiping his eyes again and walked away.

——————————————————————————

Congrats! You've read 291 words!