08: Condition

The concept of time blurred increasingly as I started wondering what my purpose here even was.

Was it to change the plot?
To follow it, or to simply survive?

And why was it that I kept mixed up with that purple haired idiot... Those strange voices, too.

So many question marks...

I saw a glimpse of purple in the corner of my eye as I walked out the classroom.

Damnit. Not now.

Instinctively, I held my phone up and dialed the first person on my messages. "...Hi-hi, Y/N?"

I sighed in relief.

"Mizuki, do you wanna meet up and hang out a bit?" I tried avoiding eye contact with anyone in the halls and quickly walked towards the gate.

"Sure! I happen to be nearby, so let's meet at..."

* * *

We went to Karaoke. I didn't have a plan in mind, especially for the random kidnappers. Though, I knew I had to be on the way home by five.

Karaoke was neither especially fun nor boring, but there were far more pressing things to think about and there was no way I could genuinely have fun.

An hour passed, before I told Mizuki that I needed to head home.

I was about to start walking away, but I felt a touch on my shoulder. "Hey, Y/N? It seemed like something was on your mind the entire time earlier..." Mizuki's brows tilted upwards. "...But if you're worried about something, you can always talk to me about it!" the corners of her mouth lifted up.

A warm breeze blew past.

Ah, crap.

"...Mhm." I quickly gave a reply and ran ahead without turning my head.

I furiously wiped away the bothersome tears falling down my face.

Maybe next time today comes, I'll treasure my time with Mizuki a little more.

* * *

My eyes were slightly puffy and red, but I continued walking home. I could see the sky gradually darkening, as if it was going to rain.

In front, I saw a dark figure.

I couldn't make out who it was or what it was there for;

but it wasn't there before.

Conveniently, I was stood at where I stabbed myself prior to today.

The figure turned to me.

"...Have we met...before...?"

my words were covered in a layer of disbelief.

A long period of silence stretched out.

The kidnappers...

They weren't there.

Even though the sky was as dark as could be;

even though I was at the picture perfect spot.

So, why?

I couldn't understand.

I felt a lump in my throat.

God, I want to puke.

My heartbeat sped up.

Why was he here, in front of me?

As he took a step closer, I took one back.

But he was faster.

Then, his face became unbearably clear.