15: Finale (b)

❥︎ Pre-chapter note: The finale will have *three parts because I'd like to tie up the main plot before I give the story a proper ending. The 'surprise' will be in part (c), which is the final part for this story!

Also! Please, as a request from me to you, listen to the song above while reading this and play it on loop. You'll feel wayyy more engaged. if you're on mobile, download soundcloud and search for "stellar stellar suisei" play the first one and set it on loop with the little 1! worth it trust me

This will be the case for all three parts, and for engagement please play both songs on loop while reading the chapters! sankyu <33

- -

Rui took me to...

my house?

Or perhaps, the house of a woman who used to raise me. It was just like it was in the dream world, and just like how Rui described it to me. She'd gotten a new house after I was hospitalised, just because she couldn't stand how much the old apartment reminded her of my father. Or perhaps me? I didn't think she cared enough about me for that.

"..." I stared at the doors. They were old, and stained. Then I turned my head over to Rui, only to find a beckoning expression on his face.

Without any words, he was telling me that I would have to face this eventually.

I took a shaky, deep breath, and let go of his hand.

Then I took one step forward.

I raised my hand, hoping for even a second to pause. But my hand moved on its own, and it pushed forward on the doorbell.

What if... I stared into space while the anxiety in my chest began to rise up. However, I was interrupted by a loud 'clack' behind me. I turned around.

The gates to the house were closed. Rui had disappeared, but I figured he couldn't have gone far.

Right. If Mom saw Rui, I don't think it would be good for the situation.

Actually... Do the gates really close that loudly-- I turned my head to the gate and just as I was about to figure out everything other than what was in front of me, a voice from the door completely interrupted my thought process.

"Y/N...?" The voice stroked a part of my ears and my body, which had been hidden away for years.

I was scared to turn around. At that moment, I couldn't feel my legs. Because I knew precisely who it was, why her voice was so unstable, and why I felt like I wanted to run.

Yet the gate was closed, so I couldn't escape.

My brain tried to make an escape from the situation.

What did I do to get here?

Why did Mom abandon me, in the first place?

I--

A warm, strangely comfortable feeling enveloped me from behind as arms snapped into place tightly beside my arms and wrapped around me.

"It's..." she mumbled. I could feel her breath, and every hesitation she took and every tremble in her arms.

She continued, "It's been... so long."

Her voice cracked a little. It scared me, how unfamiliar the voice felt.

The loop... I remember her voice, and I've heard it in the loop before.

So why...

Is it so distant?

"I'm sorry." she cried, and her tears landed on my shoulders.