08.5: Blurring

I got up from my bed. I sort of knew it deep down, but hearing him admit that he knew about the cycles was still hard to believe.

He feigned ignorance, too.

And how did he reset everything with a snap of his finger? Clearly, nothing was normal anymore.

I got up from my bed. Ah, I wake up later and later every time it resets... I'll be late.

Then a thought seeped into my mind.

What if...I don't go?

No, but mom wouldn't let me.

But...I can just fake a sickness.

Morally bad, but does that really matter?

The time I wake up is getting later. I don't think I have much time left.

[ Wake up! ] A voice, undistinctive.

My head suddenly rang. I held my head tightly. Agh...God...

What...just...?

Trying to ease the pain, I crawled into my bed and covered myself with my blanket. Closing my eyes, I drifted off into a place that was certainly better than wherever I was.

* * *

I opened my eyes.

In front of me, stood someone.

We were at the bus stop.

That damned bus stop.

It was late at night. 1am at the earliest, I'd assume.

"Oh, good morning." the person spoke casually.

Whoever it was, one feature gave away their identity.

That god damn smirk.

Then, I started to see them--him-- more clearly.

Purple hair. Who would've guessed.

"Why am I here? How am I here?" I spoke, but I didn't really know what I was saying myself. My head felt dizzy and my eyes blurred in sync with the ringing in my ears.

"You know, I didn't really expect you to go back to sleep and skip the day. Do you know you ended up dying in your sleep, anyway?" he shook his head slightly, still keeping that smirk. My eyes widened.

Silence. As if he was waiting for a response.

Then, he opened his mouth again. "If you can't survive just one cycle...we..." his speech began to fade.

I reached out my hand, and with a blurry vision I saw a final glimpse of his eyes opening wider.

What is going...on?

- -

Chapter 08.5 END

have a good one
-ffey