14: Finale (a)

❥︎ Pre-chapter note: The finale will have two parts because I'd like to tie up the main plot before I give the story a proper ending. The 'surprise' will be in the *final* finale (lol wtf).

Also! Please, as a request from me to you, listen to the song above while reading this and play it on loop. You'll feel wayyy more engaged. if you're on mobile, download soundcloud and search for "Summer song unnamed" play the first one and set it on loop with the little 1! worth it trust me

This will be the case for both parts, and for engagement please play both songs on loop while reading the chapters! sankyu <33

- -

It was an incredibly cold day, and the rain made it worse.

I kept my eyes shut. Not like I could open them at that point anyway.

Then, I heard a clack from the door. "...Excuse me." an eerily familiar voice said, in an eerily familiar low tone.

The last time I heard her voice was a distant memory.

A bit of wind swished here and there, and she eventually sat down on the creaking chair.

Then, she stood up from the chair in a swift motion. Without even a single word, I heard the door open and close.

A calming breeze blew past me.

* * *

In the days after my first real step towards finishing rehab, I'd learned to be able to move my hips and my shoulders.

At last, I could sit up. Moving my hands was still a little... tough, though.

Things were getting better. At that rate, the doctor said, I could be discharged in the next few months, maybe even faster if I'm lucky.

Would that be enough time?

I closed my eyes and lay back down.

"Maybe one day..." I reached out to the ceiling.

Various thoughts scattered around my head.

Then, I heard the door open. It'd become a habit for me to pretend I was asleep. Well, I'd been doing it for a while without intending...

I heard multiple footsteps.

Two people, probably. One of them...

It sounded like Rui's footsteps.

The other... light and soft.

I opened one eye to take a peek. Gray, long, messy hair. She was staring at me.

Nope. I closed that eye immediately. They then paused.

Slowly, I opened one eye and then the other. "Hey...haha..."

* * *

I sat up and chewed on some apples the nurses had cut for me. They were in tiny pieces, almost like baby food.

Meanwhile, the two of them chatted away. I narrowly stared at them from an angle.

So, Kusanagi Nene and Rui came over to my ward...

They were in the troupe together...

Rui left the troupe because of Nene getting bullied...

Rui stopped visiting because he was upset... (probably for Nene)

Now they're visiting together...

....

No way, are they going to elope together and then--

I slapped myself, as hard as I could. Then I closed my eyes, suffering silently from the cringe I'd brought on myself.