(a/n) a promise from me to you

(context for ppl reading this later on, I put out a discontinuing announcement because of several reasons, and went MIA for a month.)

heyhey, its ffey!

i feel like it's been a while.

did you read chapter 8.5 yet?

go do it >:{

uh, anyway

so many announcements

'woah i hv commitment issues' i thought.

then instead of fixing it, i gave up.

i decided 'it's not my fault. i'm just really busy."

i wasn't.

i felt weird, realizing that there were no more comments i could look forward to. a feeling of emptiness every time i opened wattpad to see that "oh, i put out a discontinued notice. i can't write this anymore."

then i kept writing drafts of other stories.

nothing felt like this.

so i hid wattpad from my apps screen. so i wouldn't feel bad every time i got on my bed and went to the page where my wattpad was only to realize i'd dug a hole too deep for myself.

a few days ago, i opened it and started writing a fic. i didn't like it, but i published it.

but it didn't feel the same.

i wanted to unpublish this entire series.

i'd almost forgotten about it, actually.

but something kept reminding me of this.

votes, comments

i couldn't really bear it anymore.

i wanted to delete everything and uninstall this app and forget about everything.

but for the last time, i opened my library and read everything here from start to finish.

"this is cringe asf" the entire time i looked through everything with spite.

i was really tempted to delete the series.

like i'd always done.

then, i saw a comment bubble beside one paragraph.

i read it, and i giggled.

then, despite the cringe, i continued reading.

i got through almost everything because your comments reminded me that "someone read this, and they felt something that made them comment."

"someone cares about these words stringed together in an uncannily cringe way, and they voted for it."

i wasn't alone.

i wasn't writing for an empty audience, as i was used to.

i didn't want to delete anything.

i wanted to get back to writing and finish this unresolved mess.

even if it wasn't up to my standards.

hahahahaha we're getting a lil edgy here but nothing above was a lie. i read your comments as i reread my own plot, and laughed at my flaws instead of criticizing it all. i really, really wanted to write.

so from now on, i'll make a promise.

even if i don't feel happy with my plot, even if i'm frustrated at my lack of ability to write,

i'll make an ending for this story.

i'll see it to the end.

there's no need for this story to have a word count.

there was never a rule that each chapter had to be over 1000 words.

if i can write, that's all i need.

instead of saying sorry and whining about my horrible plot, i'll make do with what i have.

that's the least i can do in response to all of your support.

by the way, i deleted all the announcements of hiatus, discontinuing and excuses.

so, for definitely not the last time,

have a good one <3
-ffey