Chapter 2

"How was class" Summer asked as Avery came back into their apartment.

"It was okay. I have a test in a week. It's been one week of classes" Avery groaned.

"What is the test on?"

"More of a baseline diagnostic".

"Aww poor baby. I have better news than that".

"Go ahead" Avery said sitting down.

"Chase and I are going to dinner".

"Dinner, like a date?"

"Yes a date" Summer rolled her eyes.

"Look at you, excited?"

"Hm I think so, but I mean we've already hung out so that sort of mellowed this out".

"This is different. Trust me you'll enjoy yourself".

"I don't doubt that, Chase is a really sweet guy and talking and being with him is fun" Summer said as Avery nodded.

"Well that's good".

"Yea. Are your parents still coming?" Summer asked.

"Yes, you just have to come to dinner once".

"No, I love your parents. Whenever they want to do something, let me know".

"Well you have your date Saturday so I'll tell them either Friday or Sunday. Trust me, they want to see you" Avery laughed.

"I am kind of amazing".

///

When Friday came they both got ready for dinner with Avery's parents. Nothing too fancy so they put on casual but nice outfits and headed to the restaurant.

"Hi mom and dad" Avery said as they reached them and the couple stood up to give hugs.

"Hello girls, how are you Summer?" Deloris, Avery's mom asked.

"I'm good. Studying mostly".

"I see".

"How are your parents?" Craig asked, Avery's father.

"Good, they work and my dad is on a business trip now".

"Do they plan on visiting any time soon?"

"I guess whenever they get some time, yea. If not I'll probably take a weekend and go down there".

"Yea that's good, and you can get a break from studying. Both of you" Deloris said and they nodded before getting into more conversation.

Summer and Avery were both close with their parents and as they became better friends, they naturally got closer to each others families.

Avery had one younger sister, Michelle, who studied abroad so it was almost like she was an only child like Summer. She and her sister talked regularly though. Her parents weren't as well off as Summers but they did well and they provided for their daughters and their lifestyles.
Avery was studying to become a computer programmer. She was always interested in it even as a kid so naturally it was the career path for her.

"I'm gonna go pay" Craig said before getting up.

"Summer has a date tomorrow" Avery said quickly then Summer quickly hit her.

"A date, with who?" Deloris asked.

"This boy from one of my classes, Chase" Summer answered.

"Is he cute?"

"Very cute, Mrs. Clayton" Summer giggled.

"Good. And you Avery".

"Avery is still holding out for Darren to be reborn into a saint" Summer teased.