Chapter 24

Summer sat down on the bed as her phone started ringing.

"Hey dad".

"Hey, sweetheart. Did you leave the hotel yet?"

"Not yet, leaving in a few minutes".

"Okay. It's six for Young, whoever I spoke to took my information. But remind them that the card is already on file. Please do not let your boyfriend pay for dinner".

"I won't, dad. We've gotta get going".

"Alright, Summer. Be safe and- oh your mother said she wants pictures".

"Got it. Good night".

"Good night" he said then hung up.

"Can you hand me my heels please" she said to Connor as he came out of the bathroom.

"Mhm. Who was that?" He asked bending down in front of her to put them on.

"You don't have to do that".

"I've got it".

"Thank you. Um, that was my dad. He was just telling me to remind them his card was already on the table and not to let you pay".

"Why is he so hellbent on this, has he done this before?" Connor asked with a small laugh.

"Once. I went to senior prom with my boyfriend and they were out of town so I stayed with him. My dad treated them to dinner to thank them".

"Wow, generous man".

"He gets it from his father, only my dad is much richer so it's on a whole other level" she said with a small laugh.

"It's admirable. Come on, angel" he grabbed her hand then they left the room. They drove downtown to the steakhouse and waited for everyone to join them.
Summer and Connor were talking between themselves when his parents, Taylor, and Mason showed up.

"Hello, you look gorgeous honey" Cora said as she hugged Summer.

"Oh thank you. I'm glad we could do this".

"Likewise. Thank your parents again, this is very generous of them".

"Of course. Let's head in" Summer said then Connor opened the door for her and followed her in.

"Reservation for Young" Connor told the host.

"Young, party of six. Someone will be right over to take you to your table".

"Thank you. And there's a card already on the table, correct?"

"Yes there is. I'll remind your server for when you're ready for the check".

"Thank you" Connor said again then they waited.

"Gonna talk to your sister?" Summer asked lowly, so only he could hear.

"She hasn't tried talking with me. Don't worry, angel. Whatever grudge she feels like she needs to have is not your issue".

"I know it's not, but it's your issue and I don't like when things are bothering you. But I will leave it alone best I can tonight".

"Thank you, beautiful" he said kissing her before they were escorted to their table.

"Hi, I'm Dreya, I'm gonna be your server tonight. I can give you all a minute to settle in if you need it" she said as they opened their menus.

"Oh no, we can order drinks now. Um, start us off with a bottle of Chardonnay and a bottle of Merlot" Summer told her.

"Very good, I will be right back with those".