Chapter 20

"So, can you please come tomorrow? Let me cook you dinner. I know you, angel, you're gonna start classes and I won't be able to disrupt your calendar" Connor said after brushing his teeth while Summer listened to him over FaceTime.

"I will make time, baby, don't worry. Until then, tomorrow works. I have an appointment in the morning then I'll come over".

"Appointment?"

"Gyno, nothing serious. Need me to pick anything up on my way?"

"No, I got it".

"Alright then. Oh, my mom's birthday is the day after tomorrow if you feel like texting her".

"I will text her".

"Thank you. Are you gonna be up early?"

"Probably, need me to wake you up?"

"I would love that. I have to leave here at 930".

"Got it. Get some sleep, angel".

"Thank you, I love you".

"I love you too" Connor said before they hung up then he made another call.

"Hey" Joshua said.

"Hey, you called. I was on the phone with Summer".

"I figured. How is she?"

"Good. She just went to sleep".

"Got your RSVP in the mail today".

"Why are you saying it like that?" Connor said with a laugh.

"I don't know man, it's just nice to see. Eleanor's excited to meet her, that's for sure".

"Well that's because Eleanor thinks I'm a whore".

"Yes she does, but in the best way possible. Besides, from what we keep hearing, you're happy".

"I am".

"Good. Your family know she's coming?"

"Yup, I can't tell if they're being fake excited though".

"Why do you say that?"

"My mom is being cordial, not asking too many questions. I'm happy about it, but skeptical. My dad's really the only one that asked about it".

"Taylor?"

"Not so much. Everything I say about Summer elicits some sort of comment, I don't know".

"Like what?"

"Like calling her brave when we went out while I was in Texas. Being absolutely surprised to see that Summer was pretty. It just seems weird".

"Hm, I could talk to El, see if she heard anything?"

"No, it's okay, seems like it'll start something. You're at work?" Connor asked.

"Yea, slow night thankfully, so I'm doing some charting from yesterday. Eleanor's not home anyways".

"Where is she?"

"Out with her sister, she's in town for the weekend".

"Which sister?"

"Megan".

"Oh okay".

"Also, we got Kira's family's RSVP too, just letting you know".

"Good to know. Oddly enough, I don't think Summer cares".

"Really?"

"Yea, if I ever bring it up she usually just says okay and moves on. Even when I came out to Texas during the summer and we went out with Eleanor's friend, she wasn't freaking out or nothing".