Chapter 3

It had been a few weeks into the semester and Summer and Avery had gotten into a groove that allowed them to spend ample time studying and with their boyfriends. They had midterms this week which means they had been hitting the books really hard. Chase studied with them often times and when there was free time, Darren joined them.
They had two more midterms before the week ended then Susanna and Spencer, Summers parents, were coming to visit for the weekend.

"Hi baby, here you go" Chase said setting a coffee down on the table and kissing Summer's cheek.

"Thank you very much".

"Are Avery and Darren coming?"

"Yea, they're on their way back. Let's do dinner or something tomorrow since my parents will be here all weekend" Summer suggested.

"Yea, we can do dinner. Do you not want me to meet them?"

"I don't mind, I thought you wouldn't want to. It's only been a few weeks".

"I do want to".

"Okay" Summer smiled before the door opened.

"Hi" Avery said sitting down as Darren sat her bag down next to her chair.
He didn't go to graduate school but he and Avery had met in undergraduate at a football game between their schools. She had caught his eyes and his friends pushed him to go talk to her, so from there they started going out.
Darren worked as a real estate agent so he had time to spend with them.

"You brought lunch, thank you very much" Summer said as Darren sat a fast food bag on the table.

"You're welcome".

"What are you studying for?" Avery asked.

"Coding. I'm definitely failing this shit".

"Don't say that babe. You know it" Chase told her as she started to eat and smiled at him.

"We'll see. I can't study anymore right now" Summer groaned, eliciting a laugh from the group.

"What time do your parents get here?" Avery asked.

"Uh 3 on Friday".

"Do you have to pick them up?"

"Nope. Spencer Young is a renting a Bentley and if I ask nicely enough I'm sure we can take it".

"I knew I loved that man the second I met him" Avery said excitedly.

"You're rich like that?" Darren asked.

"The Young's have built quite a life for themselves. I'm sorry babe, but if Susanna ever moves on I'll have to leave you" Avery told him as Summer laughed.

"Shut up" Summer told her.

"So what's he like? You think he'll like me?" Chase asked Avery.

"Spencer. I think he will, he's a cool guy. Now Susanna, you'll have a harder time with at first".

"And she's a lawyer?"

"Yup".

"Stop it, Avery. They're both gonna like you" Summer said kissing his cheek.

///

After spending all day yesterday studying the material, Summer felt pretty confident. She finished with a quarter of the time left then went to get herself some lunch. She stopped at the campus square with all the restaurants and got some chick fil a.
She had one more midterm tomorrow morning, software analytics, then her parents would be on their way.

"Come in" Connor said looking up from his laptop.

"Hi".

"Ms. Young, how can I help you?"