Chapter 21

"What about these for party favors?" Avery asked turning her iPad to Summer as they sat on the couch in Summers apartment "coasters and magnets are simple, I cannot care less".

"That's simple and cute, some nice engravings and you should be all good. What about this for a guestbook, it's a lock box. They write on a note and put it in for you and Darren to look at later" Summer suggested.

"That's cute, I really like that. Send me that link".

"Mhm".

"Great, we can be done for tonight" Avery giggled and sat her iPad off to the side.

"What time does Darren get off of work?"

"6 today, I'm gonna go get my nails done. Excited for Texas?"

"Yes actually".

"What time is Connor coming?"

"4 so like an hour, our flight is at 6. He wanted to get some work done today".

"Makes sense. You're renting a car right?"

"He said he did. My job is to just get on the plane" Summer laughed "you work tomorrow?"

"Yes ma'am. And Darren's parents are coming this weekend".

"Oh yea, how nice?"

"Eh, it'll be the first time Jill sees the veil since I altered it".

"That should be fun".

"Fun is certainly a word".

"She's gonna like it, plus she loves you".

"Luckily. You guys seeing his parents tonight?"

"I don't think so, unless we stop over there quickly. But we're gonna grab dinner with his friend Joshua since he'll already be at work".

"And he's the doctor who's getting married?"

"Yup".

"Is he cute?"

"He's very cute, his wife is a lucky woman. He and Connor have a similar vibe, I guess since they're best friends. He has tattoos as well, looks fit".

"I see. Well good for him and his wife" Avery said and Summer nodded to agree "did you get them a gift?"

"Yup, we ordered online and sent it to his parent's house".

"Okay good. So Connor's in the wedding, you're just gonna sit there?"

"Pretty much, yea" Summer laughed "he says he will make sure it's not awkward".

"Even with the ex there, I still can't believe she would go".

"Well the bride is her cousin. I get it and as long as Connor doesn't make it a thing on his end, it's not my thing".

"Good, I love how secure you feel with him".

"Me too, he makes it so easy".

"Are you going to the bachelorette activities?"

"I was invited so yes, I just hope it's not awkward. Connor said that the bride said it's a pool party".

"In November?"

"Mhm. He says it's should be fall weather and that their pool is covered and heated".

"Wow, impressive. So it should be fun".

"Yup" Summer nodded. She figured a positive attitude would yield a positive response. Fingers crossed that it works.

"Excited for Thanksgiving?" Avery asked.

"Yes actually. My dad's parents are gonna be there, so that's better than my mom's being there. I think they'll like him, everyone likes him. He's just so nice and generous and caring and helpful".