Chapter 12

"Ave, you ready?" Summer asked knocking on the door. Darren had stayed the night so the three of them could just head to the airport.

"Yea, are they here?" Avery asked opening the door then grabbing a couple of things .

"My mom said they landed at 320 so I'm just going off that".

"Okay, let's go then".

They grabbed their bags and locked up before leaving. They'd be in Niagara Falls for almost the entire week. Avery and Summer had asked to have two days plus the weekend to review for the remainder of their midterms.

"Hi, you all ready?" Susanna asked as she and Spencer got off the plane.

"Yea. You guys didn't have to come get us. Niagara is the other way" Summer said hugging them first.

"We wanted to get there together, don't worry about it. Darren, nice to meet you" Spencer said shaking his hand.

"Likewise, Mr. Young. Summer and Avery have told me a lot about you".

"Well they flatter me so I spoil them. Just Spencer, please. You ever been to Niagara Falls?"

"I have not, pretty excited".

"Good, let's get going. Get on the plane, we'll get the bags" Spencer said and the three women went to the stairs.

///

"We will get the cars and I've called ahead to the Airbnb, we can't check in yet so we'll grab some food" Spencer said when they got off the plane.

"Thank you honey" Susanna said as he started to walk away but stopped.

"Darren, let's go".

"Oh me too sir?"

"Yes" he said then spoke again when they were a few feet away "Susanna and Summer are my world. Over the last few years, Avery has become like a daughter to me as well".

"I understand sir".

"Mhm, so I expect the women in my life to be treated quite well. They shouldn't have to be concerned with things they don't need to be".

"Avery is quite independent sir, and from what I've seen, so is Summer. They don't exactly fit the old fashioned role".

"I never said anything about independence, I love that they're independent. My wife runs a business, I hope my daughter will take on her own challenges in her life and career as well. That's things they want to do. Something like this, getting a trip planned or making sure there's a place to stay and rental cars, my wife has not even asked because it should be done. I don't think that's old fashioned. Get it".

"Yes, I got it".

"Good. You spend a lot of time at the apartment I'm assuming?" Spencer asked and Darren nodded "thought so. Can I ask you something in confidence?"

"Of course".

"Since the breakup, truthfully, how has Summer been? I know it's been some time but still".

"Uh she's been okay. She's been out a few times but I don't think she's moved on".

"Mhm" Spencer nodded and that was it.

///

"This is great, we get to spend a week in Boston" Joshua groaned playfully as he and Eleanor got in Connor's car.

"You said you wanted to see me and I can't get off work".

"If this is the price I pay to see my best friend, fine".