Chapter 6

"Hi dad" Summer said answering Spencer's call.

"Hey honey, I spoke with your mom and we agreed that you can move out of the dorms after what happened" he said.

"Are you sure? I don't want to just waste your money. I could get a part time job".

"I want you to focus on school, your mother and I will pay for it. You girls have to be responsible for finding a suitable place and I'll handle everything else. Avery, are your parents okay with it?"

"Yes, they said they wouldn't mind us living off campus. It's cheaper anyways. My father says to call him to discuss the split and what they should cover" Avery said.

"Nothing, Susanna and I will handle all of that. I just don't want to overstep their boundaries".

"Mr. Young, you really don't have to do that. My parents are more than willing and capable of helping out".

"Yes, the same way we're more than willing and capable to cover it. Please, tell them not to worry" Spencer said "I don't know what your schedules look like but have something by the end of the week and I'll be able to come out this weekend".

"Okay dad. Thank you".

"Thank you Mr. Young" Avery said after.

"You're welcome. I've gotta go, talk to you soon" he said then hung up the phone.

"Please talk to your mother and tell her we'll pay something" Avery said.

"Ave, he said it's fine. Besides something tells me my mom isn't thinking any differently".

"Your dad is too generous" Avery said with a small laugh before they left Summers room.

"We should really look though" Summer said.

"I'll look, enjoy yourself tonight".

"I said I wasn't going to his place tonight. I don't want to leave you here and Darren can't come tonight".

"I will be fine, I promise".

"Fine then I won't stay, I'll be back tonight".

"You don't have to do that" Avery told her.

"I want to. It'll make me feel better".

"Fine, I'll wait up for you" she said and Summer nodded.

Summer and Connor have been seeing each other for about two weeks now. 'Seeing each other' is what Summer describes it as since they haven't been on a date or much less talked about what they were. Little did they know they both refrained from bringing it up in fear that the other might start to pull away with the realization that this relationship was almost wrong.

"What time are you leaving?" Avery asked, closing her laptop and turning to Summer who did the same, they had been studying for the last couple of hours.

"I'm really not sure, he worked this morning so whenever he gets home. Sometime after lunch probably".

"And how's it going?

"It's actually going really well. I think we're moving at a comfortable pace".

"Is that code for you want to have sex?"

"Yes it is" Summer laughed and she blushed "sex is usually a third date rule but we haven't exactly been on a date".

"Do you want to go on a date?"

"Yea, really badly. Call me conceited but you should see the way he looks at me and how he talks to me. I don't want to have to experience that just in the confines of his penthouse".