Chapter 18

After getting back from their trip Avery and Kamryn were knee deep in interviews. When they weren't all hanging out together they were with their boyfriends. Connor and Summer had another conversation about his engagement just to clear the air in person and it hasn't come up since. Summer was grateful for that. After all the stressing she did, she realized that they needed that conversation. He never said it again, but Summer knew exactly how he felt and she couldn't be happier about it.

So now Summer was standing in Connor's bathroom while she finished her makeup so they could go out.

"I'm almost ready, I promise" Summer said finishing her mascara then grabbing a lip liner, Connor had been ready for the past half hour.

"No rush, angel. You look beautiful so I can't complain".

"Oh if I looked bad this would be an issue?" She asked as they laughed together.

"Of course it would".

"Good thing we don't have that to worry about then".

"Not at all" Connor smiled at her before leaving the bathroom, moving his hand along her back. When Summer was finished they left the penthouse and headed to the restaurant to meet Avery and Darren for dinner.

"Hi" Summer said hugging Avery as Connor pulled her chair out and waited for her to sit.

"Hey".

"Sorry we're late. It was me".

"Oh it's fine, we got here five minutes ago. My fault" Avery laughed.

"No wonder you're best friends" Darren said "how are you Connor?"

"Well, work and teaching. And you?"

"Work".

"And wedding planning yea? Congratulations by the way".

"Thank you, yea we're getting there".

"Oh I meant to text you guys, tomorrow at 2 we're gonna go try on dresses" Avery said to Summer.

"Sounds good, we'll be there. When do your sisters get here?"

"The day after tomorrow then we'll have the dinner".

"How cute. Did you decide what color you wanted us to wear?"

"Um, no" Avery laughed "but, we'll figure it out when we get there. I don't care, I'll be in white. Pick whatever color looks best on you".

"Alright then, I'll see what they have" Summer agreed before a server joined them to take their orders. They continued talking throughout dinner, eventually splitting into two conversations: one about the wedding and another about work.

Summer hoped it wouldn't be awkward bringing Connor around, and luckily it wasn't. When she brought up the idea of a double date to him, Connor could tell she was anxious for the answer, but he thought it was a good idea. After all, they would have to get to know each other's friends eventually.

"So how are interviews coming along?" Summer asked while they ate.

"They're actually coming along really well, but I'm leaning towards staying with Wayne's company. I already know the situation and I'm learning a lot there. Thank you again by the way".

"No problem. I'm glad you're enjoying it" Connor answered.

"That's right, Avery mentioned you set up the internship. Do you know Wayne well?" Darren asked.

"Uh, we were in grad school together. I use 'friend' pretty loosely. We catch up every once in a while, but that's about it".

"Ah, I see".