Chapter 10

"How did the interview go?" Summer asked as Avery walked inside of the apartment.

"I think that went really well actually. He didn't make me feel nervous or pressured. He barely asked about experience or what I know, which took the biggest weight off my shoulders".

"Well he understands that you're still learning".

"Mhm. He also said he'd pay me, which I did not expect. Tell your boyfriend thank you of course".

"I will. When do you start?" Summer asked.

"Next week, three days a week. He said to let him know when I was available".

"Oh wow, very accommodating".

"We love that right. So when are you leaving?" Avery asked about her trip with Connor.

"Tomorrow afternoon. He's doing a half day at work while I relax at his penthouse then we're off to Springfield for the weekend".

"How freaking cute".

"At least this weekend will make up the difference for the dreadful weekend we're about to have with my parents" Summer groaned.

"Don't say it like that. Sure, your parents might need a minute to adjust, but it's obvious that you're happy and that's what they really want".

"Thanks for saying that. When does Amy get here?"

"Tomorrow at like 4 and I think I have to pick her up".

"Really?"

"Yes, Darren has work. That's what happens when his parents just do things without talking with him. So originally I had planned to go over to Myrtle Beach for Valentines and now we're doing dinner and a hotel in fucking Boston".

"That could still be fun".

"I know, but I like getting out of city with him. You guys have plans out in Springfield, or just getting away?"

"As far as the emails I saw him checking after we had sex, looks like a few dinner reservations, some shows, some tickets to something".

"Eventful weekend".

"Yes it will be" Summer smiled.

///

The next day Summer went over to his penthouse after he left for work. She did some studying and assignments, watched tv in his bed, and whatever else she felt like. She felt relaxed there, but she felt relaxed with him so why would this be any different.

She did a lot of thinking about the dinner with her parents. She hoped Avery was right, how couldn't she be, Summer was very happy and she hoped her parents would see that. Things felt more real and natural with Connor than they have with any other guys in so long.

She started making a small lunch, grilled chicken sandwiches, so they could eat before leaving.

"Hi angel" Connor said walking down the corridor from the entrance and into the kitchen.

"Hi, how was work?"

"Not too bad. How was your day?"

"Good. Thanks for letting me hang out.

"Of course. This smells good".

"I'm glad you think so. It's almost finished". She told him.

"Then let me go put this stuff down. I'll be right back" he said kissing her neck and going to his room.

///

"Hi, Amy" Avery said as Darren's sister got in the car.