Chapter 23

"I'll see you at the wedding" Connor said holding her door open so she could get out in front of Eleanor and Josh's house.

"Yes you will, handsome".

"You'll call me if anything happens?"

"Yes, but there will be no need. I've been fine".

"Do I get pictures?"

"Of course you will. Have fun tonight, you don't have to worry about me".

"I know, angel. I love you".

"I love you too" Summer said before he followed her inside. He'd been a little overbearing, but Summer told him he didn't have to worry. She still hadn't told him about anything Taylor said, she didn't feel like it was the time.

"Hey, come in" Joshua said opening the door for them "they're in the kitchen".

"Thank you" Summer said.

"Hi" Eleanor said excitedly as she hugged her.

"Hey, am I too early?"

"Oh my god not at all. We're finishing the set up, but that's about it. These are my sisters Joana and April".

"I'm Summer, Connor's girlfriend".

"We've heard really good things from Eleanor and Josh. It's nice to meet you" April said.

"You too".

"Megan and Taylor are gonna be here in like ten minutes. The pools heating up, I'm finishing up the food, everything's decorated".

"I see. It's very cute in here".

"Thank you. Connor's here?"

"Yea, he and Joshua are in the living room".

"Okay, they might be waiting for Mason. You have your swimsuit and everything".

"I have my bikini on, Connor brought in my bags for tonight and tomorrow".

"Okay, yay" she said excitedly.

"Can I help with anything?" Summer offered.

"Um, if you feel like helping me take these out back" she said about the pitchers of drinks.

"Of course".

"We'll finish up in here. Just go finish getting ready when you're done" April told Eleanor and she nodded before Summer followed her to the backyard.

"Wow, it's really nice out here" Summer complimented. She had decorated the yard and filled the pool with decorative floaties. Food and drinks were set up in the backyard kitchen.

"Thank you. We actually had this built last year, it's super functional when we're hosting".

"I bet. The pool came like this?"

"We had it covered. The mosquitoes are insane in the summer here and rainy season".

"I get that. You moved here together or you moved in with him?"

"I moved in with him. Caroline and I used to be roommates then she moved in with her boyfriend. I was going to renew our lease just in my name, but he asked me to move in".

"I see, how cute".

"Mhm. Come up with me, I just have to change into my bikini" she said then they went upstairs. They talked while Summer sat in the room and Eleanor went to change in her closet.
"Come in" she said when there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, Josh said you were up here" Taylor said, closing the door behind her.

"Yea, you look very cute".