Chapter 5

"Hi, I missed you" Avery said excitedly as Summer came through the door.

"I missed you too. How was the rest of your trip?" Summer asked.

"Actually really good. After getting all the nerves out I sat down with Amy and sort of talked the whole thing through with her".

"Well you two were close".

"Mhm, which is why I felt so bad saying all that shit to her. How was your trip?" Avery asked.

"Not too bad, it was good to relax and see my parents again".

"Yea, I bet. Um, have you talked to Chase?"

"Yup, I texted him when I got in my Uber. He said he'll come by tonight".

"Do you want me to be gone so you could talk or something?"

"There's no talking, he's just picking up a bag. We're already broken up. I'm gonna go unpack" Summer shrugged before going to her room.

'Hi, I'm back home' she texted Connor as she started going through her bag. It took him about five minutes to answer.

'Good, thank you for letting me know'.

'No problem. What are you up to?'

'Just got off a work call actually. Resting today?'

'Yea mostly. Chase is coming over tonight to pick up his stuff'.

'And?'

'And what?'

'Feel alright about that?' Connor asked.

'Well I can really just put it behind me now so I feel pretty good. Makes it easier to start focusing on other things'.

'I like to hear that'.

'I never said you, I meant school' Summer sent but she was totally blushing by now.

'Sure you did. You know, teaching will be much more difficult'.

'Why do you say that?'

'Well before, I had a strong idea that you were interested in the class for multiple reasons, now I'm sure of it. It'll be harder to not focus on you'.

'You focus on me?'

'I'm sure you knew that already'.

'I had a strong idea' she mocked and he kind of laughed to himself.

'Funny. I should get back to work'.

'Okay. I should finish unpacking anyways. I'll see you tomorrow'.

'Yea, I look forward to it' he sent to end the conversation.

///

"I'll get it" Avery said getting off Summers bed while she finished putting Chase's things in the bag. Some T-shirt's and underwear. A couple pairs of shorts and books. A pair of glasses he left one time. Every inch of him in the apartment now sat in the bag.

"Thanks" Summer said as Avery walked back to her room.

"Sure".

"Here you go" Summer said putting the bag at his feet.

"My god Summer, can we at least talk about this?"

"No, I tried to talk about it. You didn't want to see eye to eye. I don't have the energy".

"I was upset, come on you know I didn't mean that stuff".

"Chase go. You're just embarrassing yourself right now, I'm not taking you back" she said grabbing the bag and putting it outside of the door. She didn't say anything else and just waited until he snatched the bag up and slammed the door on his way out.